What we're about
Are you inspired by art/design/architecture? Do you like to make things, and stretch yourself creatively?
The Creative Growth SoCal MeetUp will have events where we drink in interesting experiences in Art, Architecture, and Design, and also have workshops where members have a chance to draw, paint, and build things.
The Maker Movement inspires us, and some of the places we visit will be SoCal CoBuild spaces, set up with 3d printers and other great tools, offering anyone a chance to get ideas out of their heads and make them real.
The Creative Growth SoCal MeetUp will grow to suit the interests of members.
Intro Video: https://youtu.be/HAjzNclxIlE ;
• A small museum of Mystery. Hang out for tea & conversation in the rooftop Moroccan garden.
• Said to be the largest artwork ever made by one person, this LA icon hasn’t been visited by that many people.
• 30’s producer of musicals, Busby Berkley built this Italianate palace in the West Adams district. The beautiful garden contains an exact replica of the labyrinth from Chartres Cathedral. You are invited to walk the labyrinth, an effective form of active meditation. MAKE
• Meditation / Mindfulness Drawings in a workshop for everyone
• “Flow State” Painting experience.
• 3d Printing Party. We print your design for a cookie cutter, then roll out and bake some cookies.