TOPIC: Understanding the Arab/Israeli Conflict and The Hope For Peace
We hope to answer the following questions:
1. Why is this conflict important to me as an American?
2. Can true peace and justice between Palestinians, Israelis and other Arab countries ever be accomplished?
3. Who is to blame for the troubles and who is responsible for solving the situation?
4. What is the root challenge that is causing the trouble and is this a challenge that deserves this much attention?
5. If we were convening 4 years from now what would need to occur for you to define the Middle East as no longer a challenge to the people of the world?
SPEAKER: Steve Lear has served in various leadership capacities within the Minneapolis Jewish Federation and the JCRC, and is a strong supporter of AIPAC and the Israel Project. He has traveled to Israel seven times including one trip with Encounter in 2008. Encounter arranges trips for Jewish leaders to meet Palestinian civilians and leaders in Bethlehem, Hebron, or East Jerusalem and engage in thoughtful conversation about the complexities of Israel and the conflict.
Steve has organized multiple presentations in churches and community groups about the Arab-Israeli conflict and wants nothing more than to see a Palestinian state alongside Israel.
By day Steve Lear is a financial planner and the president and founder of Affiance Financial, LLC in Minneapolis.