Cru Alliance is a group of individuals who are interested in meeting other wine enthusiasts, to learn, share, and expand their wine knowledge (the winery, the winemaker, the grapes, the region it came from, the complimentary local food, and the people behind it all) in a casual laid back setting. The more we learned about wine, the more we realized that it's entwined with history, geography, terroir, language, culture.
Membership may include the following: Wine pairing dinners; BYOB events; Participate in wine tastings; Inside access to boutique wineries; trips to wine country. We will evolve over time as we have events and get feedback from members. We created Cru Alliance as something members appreciate being part of and we encourage everyone to be active within the group. Inactive members will be removed from the group.
Who should request to join:
• Do you wait to order your wine until after you have decided what food you're ordering?
• Do you stop to appreciate the aroma of the wine before drinking it?
• Do you like sharing a special bottle with someone whom appreciates it?
• Do you feel that with every bottle of wine, comes the opportunity to learn something?
• Are you willing to attend at least 1 meetup a month?
• If you said “yes” to any of those, and you love wine, learning, and socializing then please request to join Cru Alliance.
Who should pass on our group:
• If your go to wine is a wildly advertised wine then this may not be the group for you, unless you want to learn and experience well made wine.
• If you're looking for a group that wine QUANTITY matters more than its quality then you should pass on our group and join a different meetup. Cru Alliance is designed to be different. We understand there are other wine clubs and social groups out there.
Cancellations with 2 hours of an event will result in removal from the group.
Members that do not attend meetups will be removed from the group for a period of time but may request to join in the future when they can commit to maintaining their attendance.