It feels like that time of the market cycle again!
Cryptocurrencies have been bottoming out for a few months now (and might have a while longer to go), but "general sentiment" seems to be improving.
As we prepare for (hopefully 😛) the next bull market, it's important to remember the basics of safety and security in this Brave New World full of shady exchanges, scammy blockchain projects, and unfriendly private keys.
Does all of your bitcoin exist on Coinbase? Boo, you're doing it wrong. That's not your bitcoin.
If you're new to the crypto space or just want a refresher on Best Practices for your own economic digital sovereignty, this is the event for you.
Some topics we'll cover:
* What is a private key / public key / crypto address
* Different kinds of wallets - software, hardware, custodial, paper
* How to recover a wallet
* Where does crypto actually exists / "what is a bitcoin"
* When to keep crypto on an exchange
* How to get crypto off of an exchange
* Where to best store your crypto for the short or long-term
* Which hot new coin to buy for guaranteed 1000x gains
* Just kidding
Bring your questions, comments, or general thoughts and ideas and share them with the group! We're focused on education and knowledge sharing, no question or topic is off limits.
5:30 - Doors 🚪/ pizza 🍕/ beers 🍺
6:00 - Start presentation 🗣(likely to be pretty conversational)
8:00 - Start to wrap up 🏁
8:30 - Be gone 🏃♂️
Crypto Cleveland is on the lookout for sponsorships to help cover the costs of pizza, beer, coffee, and the relentless pursuit of free education. If you or your company would like to help, contact Adam at [masked]