What we're about
The group is for those of you who understand the magic and healing power of touch. We gather to cuddle to practice consensual non-sexual touch.
If you are looking for hugs, snuggling, a space to relax, companionship, want to discover what kind of cuddles you like or learn to create boundaries, this group is for you. We start with a circle sharing our intentions and create a safe container by going over the event agreements. We also test our yes and no to make sure our communication is in place for us to have a fun and safe experience.
Our cuddles are a great place to ask for what you want or think you want and haven't been able to explore before.
If you find connecting with people by touch awkward, you have also come to the right place. Why not start with eye gazing or holding someone’s hand; or just having a conversation about how awkward you feel. :)
We look forward to meeting you, and maybe even sharing a cuddle!
Cuddling Event AGREEMENTS:
1) Clothing stays on the whole time.
2) You don’t have to cuddle anyone at a cuddling event, ever.
3) You must ask permission and receive a verbal YES before you touch anyone. (Be as specific in your request as you can.)
4) If you’re a yes, say YES.
5) If you’re a no, say NO.
6) If you’re a maybe, say NO.
7) You are encouraged to change your mind at any time..
8) Respect any agreements you have in your relationship outside the cuddling event and communicate with your partner.
9) Talk to your cuddling event facilitator if you have a question or concern or need assistance with anything during the event.
10) Tears and laughter are both welcome.
11) Respect people’s privacy when sharing about cuddling events, ie: do not tell people who else you saw there without their permission.
WHAT TO BRING: You may bring a snack, dinner or a non-alcoholic beverage for yourself or to share! Light snacks will be provided. You can use the kitchen to heat your food. Bring food in reusable containers in order to minimize waste. We practice respect towards out relations-plants and animals (e.g. no use of take-out food/beverage containers ). You optionally may want to bring a journal and pen to write down your thoughts or feelings during the experience.
Important to know
ARRIVE SCENT-FREE, DRUG-FREE and SOBER: We want to create a safe and fun environment where everyone is fully present.
RESPECT others’ physical, mental and emotional BOUNDARIES
•Always ask for explicit verbal consent before engaging or touching someone.
• Change your behaviour if someone tells you that you are making them uncomfortable.
• Do not message people you have not met. Particularly, unsolicited messages to members asking for dates or private meetups are not supported. Our Meetup group is NOT a DATING SITE and Cuddle Party Toronto is not your personal hook-up space. Messages after engaging in a conversation at one of our events are supported. If it is reported that a member is sending unsolicited, unwelcome messages, you will be warned and/or removed from the group. If you have received unwanted messages, please let us know at email@example.com. Messages to organizers for group dynamic clarifications are always supported.