Please join us for this PPA Continuing Education Workshop with Robin Swanson.
This program is for anyone who is considering turning their hobby or weekend photo gig into a legit business. It also has plenty of information for the small photography business owner who is struggling with the technicalities of running their business.
What we will cover:
• Why should you go legit? - Tax consequences vs tax benefits
• What form should your business take? - Overview of different types of business entities
• Fictitious Business Statement (DBA) – Do you need one? How do you get one?
• Business License – Do you need one? How do you get one?
• Sellers Permit – Yes! You need one and how to get one.
• Sales & Use Tax
• Separating your business and personal finances.
• Accounting for your finances – A brief overview of Quickbooks
• …and much more!
The class size is limited and is first come, first served.
• The fee for attending this PPA Continuing Education Class is $49 for all PPA members . The fee for non-PPA members is $69.
• To register and pay for this workshop, please do so via our website at PPLAC.org by clicking on the "Workshop Signup" option under the Calendar/Meetup tab and pick the appropriate amount as described above.
•This PPA Continuing Education Workshop with Robin Swanson promises to be a very rewarding, educational and fun experience! Don't miss this fantastic opportunity!
About the Speaker:
Robin Swanson is a Professional Photographer and a CPA. 15 years ago she decided that it was time to pursue her passion of photography professionally and she has never looked back.
She has since become a PPA Certified Professional Photographer, PPA Master Photographer, PPA Photographic Craftsman and she is a Certified UAS Remote Pilot. She has earned the PPC Fellowship degree and Service Awards and has earned many other awards along the way such as PPC Wedding Photographer of the Year, Kodak Gallery Elite Award, PPA Silver Photographer of the year and was recently awarded the Prestigious PPA National Award for her contributions to the field of photography. Robin has also served on the Board of Directors for Professional Photographers of California as Treasurer for the past 8 years.
Robin specializes in Wedding & Event photography, Portraits, and Pet Photography and works out of her home studio in La Canada, California.
We hope to see you there!