Flag Football Game at Cunningham Park (196th St and Union Turnpike) in Queens. Come out and join us!
We have cones and flags so all you need is cleats if that is what you prefer. MOST GAMES WILL ALWAYS BE PLAYED REGARDLESS OF THE WEATHER CONDITIONS i.e. rain, snow, cold, mud, ice, storm, etc....games are fun and competitive, all skill levels are welcome, please contact me if you have any questions.
NOTE: PLEASE RSVP "YES" ONLY IF YOU ARE GOING TO SHOW UP TO THE GAME. YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR RSVP IF SOMETHING COMES UP (OR IF YOU DON'T WANT TO PLAY IF IT'S TOO COLD/IT'S RAINING/IT'S SNOWING) AND YOU CAN'T MAKE IT. NO-SHOWS WILL BE REMOVE FROM THE GROUP. IT IS IMPORTANT TO HAVE AN ACCURATE HEAD COUNT SO WE KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE REALLY COMING.
Rules will be geared towards more offense, more scoring.
Here are some of the new changes we have made and a reminder of some of the guidelines we already have:
1) You can usually add guests to your RSVP. Anyone is free to come and play IF AND ONLY IF you have a profile in meetup and have joined our group. It's 100% FREE to join and it only takes about 2 minutes to sign up and RSVP. There are also FREE mobile apps for iPhones and Android phones so you can RSVP easily on the go. If any of your friends has been playing and wants to continue to play, ask them to go to http://www.meetup.com/Cunningham-Park-Football/ and sign up and RSVP individually. YOU CAN NOT PLAY if you're not signed up and RSVPd.
2) The first 20 people that RSVP for the game, will play a 9-on-9 game with 1 sub. Everyone on the waiting list will pick players and play against the winner of the game. Games will be to 2 scores. If a team gets 2 scores, with the score 2-1, the other team gets one (1) more possession to try to score and tie the game. If the game is tied again, the game is now to 3 points and the same rule applies, once one of the teams gets score #3, the other team gets just one (1) more possession to try to tie the game. If 20 or less players show up to the game, game can be played to whatever score everyone agrees to.
3) If you're one of the first 20 to RSVP, but you're late, the next person on the waiting list that's present on the field will take your place and play in the first game. Latecomers may have to wait to get into the game or even not play at all, depending on circumstances.
4) On a safety, ball stays at the goal line and the next down will be played. For example: If a 2nd down play is ran and a safety occurs, the ball stays at the goal line and the 3rd down will be played.
5) On an OBVIOUS "Defensive Pass interference", the penalty is 5 yards and automatic 1st down.
6) On an OBVIOUS "Offensive Pass interference", the penalty is 5 yards and loss of that down.
7) As you might have noticed we have had very few injuries (knock on wood) throughout the years. This is why we wanted to remind you of the following:
8) Stiff arming, flag guarding and hand slapping are NOT ALLOWED, and the ball is spotted at the foul. Multiple offenses will result in an additional 5 yard penalty.
9) Blocks from the back are NOT allowed ad they're obviously dangerous and can cause injuries, and the ball is spotted at the foul. Multiple offenses will result in an additional 5 yard penalty.
10) Since we do not have actual sidelines painted on the fields, Close calls where someones foot may have been on the line, the player will be considered in bounds, whether offense or defense.
-VERY IMPORTANT: If you are the offensive player and have the ball in your hands, you MUST avoid contact and CANNOT under any circumstances lower your shoulders and try to initiate contact with an defensive player. This is flag football, if you're looking for a different type of game there are plenty of other places and leagues to play flag or full-contact football.
8) Donations: I pay the monthly fee for hosting these meetups and never charge anyone. All we asked for you is to drop at least $1 in the container we have set up for this, all the money is used for equipment, flags, cones, etc. You can click on "Group Tools > Money" and see where all the money is going. If we buy anything with that money we record the transaction and upload a picture of the receipt of whatever equipment we bought. Next thing we want to get are end zone weighted pylons and we want to buy orange rope so we can mark the field faster and more accurately to avoid any arguments about where the first down is or what not.
IMPORTANT: WE ARE ALL ADULTS AND OBVIOUSLY CAN'T FORCE ANYONE TO DO ANYTHING. WE NEED EVERYONE'S COOPERATION TO FOLLOW THESE SIMPLE GUIDELINES TO KEEP THE GAME FUN AND COMPETITIVE. IF FOR ANY REASON YOU DISAGREE OR BELIEVE THAT THESE GUIDELINES DO NOT FIT YOUR STYLE OF PLAY OR WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR ON A PICK-UP GAME, YOU'RE WELCOME TO PLAY WITH A DIFFERENT MEETUP GROUP OR IN ANY OTHER PICK-UP GAME...NO HARD FEELINGS.
If you have any suggestions, questions or concerns, please feel free to reach me at[masked] or [masked]