What we're about
Hello Future CurlFriends!
We are a group of ladies who started a journey together in June 2012 on Meetup.com, with initially two things in common: the love of natural hair and traveling. Those two things brought us all together, but it has been the friendships we've formed that has sustained our group. Whether you live in a different city or state, newly natural, natural most of your life, transitioning, thinking about it or even relaxed, as long as you're interested in building friendships and traveling then this is the group for you.
Each quarter our organizers will find fun and exciting social activities throughout the DFW/Metroplex. Our trips abroad are usually booked 6 months to a year in advance and require a non-refundable deposit followed by monthly recurring payments ("vacation on layaway").
Click the link below to see the fun we had in Bali, Indonesia!!!
Group trips and rates are based on the participation of 20+ members in order for a trip to remain on our calendar of events. If a posted trip doesn't meet the required number of participants it will be removed from the calendar. We suggest members not to schedule their flights until a trip has been confirmed unless you decide to travel solo.
Domestic trips are planned various weekends throughout the year.
• We ask each member to treat each other with respect.
• It's very important when we are traveling together, that everyone is on time to keep others from waiting and because we keep a tight escorted tour schedule.
• Please, Please, Please ONLY RSVP Yes for events that you plan to attend. It’s always important that we accurately forecast attendance at our host venue. If you are unable to attend an event, please update your RSVP, at least two days before start time. This will allow us enough time to update our host venue.
• Members who have been marked as a NO-SHOW 3 times, will automatically be removed from the group without notification.
• In order to stay abreast of events, changes or cancellations, you must allow the Organizers or event planner to contact you via meetup notification email, especially for events you have RSVP’d. Take a moment to check your meetup.com (http://meetup.com/) email notification and message settings to make sure you have allowed contact.
• Lastly, please post a profile picture of yourself. This makes it easy for us to spot you at events.
POLICIES EFFECTIVE JANUARY 2018
1. Meet & Greet RSVP Fee ($5.85): This fee was implemented to ensure we had a more accurate account of our RSVPs when reserving tables and hopefully deter last minute no-shows and cancellations. The RSVP fee is refundable upon arrival to the restaurant. This fee is non-refundable in the event of a cancellation or no-shows for any reason. The fees collected for no-shows and last minute cancellations are given to our waitstaff as a tip. This method has proven to be successful and appreciated.
2. International RSVPs: We are limiting some trips to only 40 travelers. Smaller groups will allow everyone the opportunity to connect with their fellow travelers and hopefully make new friends and travel buddies whenever you're not traveling with CurlFriends.
3. Trip RSVP Non-Refundable Deposit Policy (15 days): Once the deposit due date has been posted and you select "YES" you will have 15 days to pay a non-refundable deposit to confirm your YES RSVP. If the minimum non-refundable deposit has not been received within 15 days, your RSVP will be changed to NO. You will have the opportunity to change it back to YES, based on space availability, but will only have 5 days to pay the required non-refundable deposit (limited to 2 RSVP attempts). This policy is being implemented to provide accurate numbers for our trips and to make sure we secure the accurate number for our vendors.
4. Auto-Billing (recurring monthly payment): All trips will now be billed on a monthly payment plan or you may pay in lump sums as long as you are current. You must enroll in automatic billing. Recurring charges are billed on the 15th of each month and final payments are generally due on the 5th of each month. Your initial deposit is due at the time of booking, and all subsequent payments will be charged according to the schedule on your invoice.
5. Pay in Full - You can pay your trip in full and receive a 5% discount off the total cost of your trip.
6. *Membership Discounts: (Based on Trip Eligibility specified under Special Discount. This information is found on our website under each trip posted. All trips do not offer a special discount and this program is subject to change or be discontinued without notice.).
A. Early Bird Special: Members receive a $100 off the air/land only package when paying a non-refundable deposit 5 days before deposit due.
B. Invite a Guest: Members can receive a 5% discount off their room rate or travel package for each non-member who is not a member of CurlFriends Abroad and whose reservation is booked with CurlFriends Abroad. Max 3 non-members 15% (15% discount available on trips specified by organizers). Note: If your guest becomes a member at any point during the process of the trip in which they were invited you will still receive your 5% discount. Discount is posted after non-member reservation has been paid in full. You can only receive a 5% discount just once for a repeat non-member.
Finally, you took the first step in joining a group of amazing women with similar interests such as, meeting new friends, socializing and traveling. Now, you need to take the next step by becoming an active member which means signing up for an event or two to make this journey a reality.
Jump in with both feet CurlFriend and start having some fun!
Trina Smith and Tonya Henderson-Smith
Managing Partners, CurlFriends Abroad
Website: www.curlfriendsabroad.com (http://www.curlfriendsabroad.com/)
Instagram: @curlfriendsabroad ; hashtag: #curlfriendsabroad #passportready #boutthatpassportlife
All group trips are planned and scheduled by CurlFriends Abroad organizer and co-organizers. Overseas trips may be scheduled between months of June to October. CurlFriends Abroad calendar of events runs from January to October.
"Let's Hit the Road and Have Some Fun"
All these policies and discounts are subject to change without notice at the discretion of the organizers, Trina Smith and Tonya Henderson-Smith. *Discounts are only available to active members. All participation in any CurlFriends Abroad social and travel events are strictly voluntary. Members and invited guests to assume all risks when participating in any scheduled events and release Organizers, Group Leaders and Hosts from any liabilities related to a CurlFriends Abroad event.