Come one, come all and enjoy an evening of great food, drink and networking conversations with San Diego's best and brightest tech experts and leaders.
We are doing a traditional turkey and ham and you can bring your favorite holiday side or dish to be part of the fun and share a secret family recipe or your home favorite.
Let us know your attending with your bells or boots on with an RSVP below.
CyberTECH, the City of San Diego and ConsenSys Presents
“Securing the Smart City: International Best Practices"
Dates: 20-23 March 2018
Location: University of San Diego Shiley-Marcos School of Engineering
Wednesday, March 20 – Day 1
Afternoon event: 4:00 to 6:00 PM
Smart City Powertalks and Cocktail Reception
Location: TBD (closed to press)
1) Securing Smart Cities: a Primer (Christian Byrnes, Gartner Group)
2) What Every Smart City Needs to Know about CyberSecurity (Mark Weatherford)
VIP Dinner - Born & Raised, San Diego
Thursday, March 21 – Day 2
8:30 AM - Conference Day Welcome
Securing the Smart City (Chris Preimesberger, Editor at eWeek Magazine, Darin Andersen, CyberTECH and Godrey Gaston, University of Belfast)
• Thought leadership events
• Smart City partnerships in cybersecurity
• Comprehensive approach needed, including technical cybersecurity solutions, skilled workers, general cybersecurity awareness, and collaborative processes
• Value of collaboration – by industry sector, or between industry and academia, or within city government.
• Discuss obstacles to collaboration and begin to identify solutions.
• Work together to identify opportunities for more collaboration in California
o California Cyber Cup competition
o California’s leadership role in the development of new collaborative processes
o More collaboration from State agencies
o Continue small business surveying activity
o What other opportunities for collaboration?
Opening Keynote: 9:30-10:15 – Keynote
2nd Keynote: 10:15 – 10:45 – TBD
3rd Keynote: 10:45 to 11:45
1:00-2:15: City Government panel
• Focus on proactively addressing cybersecurity concerns
• Suggested panelists:
o Bill Britton, Cal Poly Cyber Center
o Harry Talbot, LA Unified School District
o US Patent Office, Silicon Valley
o Berkeley or Stanford Cyber Center
o Governor’s Office of Emergency Services
2:15-4:15 Interactive exercise
• Led by an industry leading IoT company and Larry Ponemon, The Ponemon Institute
• Supply chain IoT problem
• Suggested groups for the exercise
o The Company
o Regulatory Government
4:15: Wrap Up Keynote (Joseph Lubin, How Blockchain Is Transforming our World)
• One focus will be securing next generation of Smart Cities leveraging blockchain
• An underlying theme will be industry collaboration
• Suggested panelists
o Palo Alto Networks (both as a successful California company as a leader in the Cyber Threat Alliance)
o Venture Capital representative
VIP Dinner - San Diego
Friday, March 23 – Day 3 (Smart City Field Trips)
- UCSD Center for Contextual Robotics
- City of San Diego
- CONNECT, SDVG
- CyberTECH Smart City Pitch Event
VIP Reception and Dinner - San Diego