CyberTECH is co-hosting a private tour, or we can customize based on your preferred starting and ending points. A few important facts about downtown San Diego:
• is home to more than: 37,000 residents, 52% with Bachelor’s Degrees or higher 120 tech & innovation startups have emerged in the last five years
• UC San Diego Urban campus opens in 2020, bringing the resources of a university that annually graduates 1,000+ computer science majors and more engineering graduates than Stanford and Berkeley combined
8:30-9:30 AM – Smart Cities Briefing at the Officers of Gensler located at 225 Broadway Suite 100, San Diego
We will meet at Gensler’s office in the NBC Building in downtown San Diego at 225 Broadway, Suite 100. Hosted by Gensler and San Diego Downtown Partnership. Event Speakers will include Mr. Tom Heffernan, Principal, Gensler San Diego and Betsy Brennan, CEO of the San Diego Downtown Partnership.
9:45-10:30 AM – SuperBlock@I.D.E.A Meeting @ Punch Bowl Social at 1485 E St, San Diego
• I.D.E.A District: Innovation + Design + Education + Arts. The District is a transformative urban initiative which aims to create thousands of design and tech jobs in the next 12 years, across 35 city blocks in Downtown San Diego’s East Village
• SuperBlock is located in the heart of the rapidly developing I.D.E.A. District in Downtown San Diego, CA. Situated on approximately 2.75 acres between 15th & 16th Streets and E & F Street. SuperBlock is comprised of three distinct components: Warehouse, Tower & Coliseum.
• The Warehouse is a repurposed industrial space, with two 50,000 rental square foot floor plates, with delivery expected 12 months from a fully executed lease
• The adjacent Tower offers an expansion of 450,000 rentable SF
• Amenities abound with tacos, beer, coffee, new apartments, and a public park, all within a short five-minute walk
• The site is 10 minutes from the San Diego airport and one-hour flight from the Bay Area
• The Mid-Coast Trolley will connect downtown to the border and UC San Diego/UTC in 2021
10:30-11:00 AM – San Diego Downtown Library located at 330 Park Blvd, San Diego
The San Diego Public Library is a popular destination that connects our diverse community to free educational and cultural resources that will enrich their lives. With 6.6 million visitors, the Library is the largest cultural institution in San Diego. The Central Library opened in September 2013 the City opened the state-of-the-art and award-winning San Diego Central Library @ Joan Λ Irwin Jacobs Common that better serves our entire region and has put us on the map internationally.
o Population Served: More than 1.4 million residents, encompasses an area of 342 square miles.
o Collection: more than 5.3 million books, including e-books and audio-visual materials. 1.6 million government documents; and more than 265,295 books in 25 languages other than English.
Contact Darin Andersen with at m:[masked] with any comments or questions.