Jun 28, 2014 · 7:30 AM
This location is shown only to members
Our MorningDelight ride will have us each working to our own level with plenty of time for peeping too. There are longer and shorter ride options to suit most of our peeps.
• Start Time: Ready to roll at 7:30am
• Ride Length: ~2 to 4 hours riding time
• Speed Range: ~12 to 18mph on the flats, everyone climbs at their own speed. Expect to string out since the ride includes peeps who ride different speeds. Buddy up with others riding your speed and watch each other so the caboose doesn't have to ride alone. Each ride will have REGROUP locations
• Safety: Safety is our #1 priority. Let's all help each other learn safe bike handling and group riding skills. If you have a question, ask another Peep. Please speak up if you see an unsafe situation on a Cycling Peeps ride or let Margie or Rose know so we can help.
• Cue Sheets: Cue sheets will be posted by the evening before each ride at the latest. There is a link to the map and the cue sheet below in the Ride section. If it's your first time with MapMyRide, plz sign up to be our friend to see each week's maps. You can also upload the map to your smart phone.
THIS WEEK • June 29, 2014
•Distance: 39 miles
Bring your climbing legs this Saturday, Cycling Peeps! We are going to start off with a bang and climb our little legs off right away! Then, we're going to loop around the city a bit, and start building our miles over last Saturday's ride.
My goal is to start getting y'all ready for the MS150 (those that are riding in it this year). If you are interested in finding out more about riding in the MS150, please let me know. It is a wonderful ride for a wonderful cause. Besides, we have TONS of fun - one and off the bike!
Now, rest up, show up on time or we WILL leave you, bring water and electrolytes, plus fuel for your machine. AND, bring a cue sheet.
For the ride, the expectation of safety is first and foremost. Please signal your turns, slowing/stopping, point out debris on the road, and please also share information verbally.