This event is for:
• Current users who would like technical support or to connect with other users
• Experts who would like to volunteer and help others and network.
• Newbies who would like to learn how to build their own drone!
If you have no idea what to buy, you can find some suggestions in our curated list here: ( http://wiki.dcdrone.org/KitPartsList ) We are always updating this list! Keep in mind it takes some time to ship the parts, so order early! There are some notes at the bottom of the page about expected shipping times.
Some limited amount of extra parts, kits, etc. may also be available for purchase from other members. Contact Christopher Vo ([masked]) if you're completely lost and need advice on what to get, or post in the message board. We are no longer hosting "group buys", but we can try to accommodate your needs.
We will provide:
• Some extra parts for sale, such as battery connectors, wires, heat shrink, etc.
• Some tools for everyone to use, such as soldering irons, crimping tools, etc.
• Fellow members with advice and expertise to guide you through your build
You should bring:
• (optional) More snacks and drinks to share. You don't have to, but the event lasts all day, so you might get hungry or thirsty. You could also contribute cash for the snack fund.
• Your own tools, if you have them
• Your drone parts! I recommend bringing a box such as an inexpensive Sterlite or Rubbermaid container to stay organized.