DC Metro Studio A & N Lighting Photography Group Message Board › Baltimore/D.C. Update & More! (Please Read!)
As outlined in our meet-group description, celebrity and fashion photographer Jerry Avenaim and I decided to team up and form a "group of photography groups" with a special website, PhotoMeetUps.com for all our visual explorers. The concept is simple, team up, form a co-op of groups and use that combined power in numbers and diversity in our published experience as professional photographers to bring each group and individual benefits from our sponsors and supporters that no other meet-up group can offer.
Call us the Costco or Sam's Club of photography, but specialized in photography with intimate interaction at each regional location and the combined power of groups and diversified experience that benefits you. The more you help us grow your community, the more we can bring to you in discounts, promotional and special offers plus other benefits (see benefits here). See the testimonials from our first four meet-ups http://www.photomeetups.com/testimonials/ as with all meet-up events you "rate" our performance and we take this seriously.
We also believe in loyalty and will reward those that pay their monthly dues on time, consecutively and by attending our planned meet-up events. It's important that you do your part so we can do ours. The more you do, the more you benefit.
PhotoMeetUps.com PhotoMeetUps.com will showcase behind the scenes and educational videos, industry promotional and discount offers, plus, hosted albums for your portfolios and the platform for an interactive photography community amongst your peers and neighbors. This is your community where you can showcase your talents while learning from all the social interaction.
This co-op community brings you your own centeralized forum/discussion board, you can find it now at PhotoMeetUps.com. Not only is your regional forum already ready for your discussions and interactivity, but you can now upload photos to your portfolios/albums (instructions below). It's vital that you upload your images so Jerry, VIP speakers, photo industry experts and I can see your photography to get a better grasp of what we need to discuss with you.
Here are the steps to take:
1. You must first register for our PhotoMeetUps.com photography forums at this link:
2. Once registered, please go to your “User CP” or to this link:
3. Once in your User CP, then go to “Paid Subsriptions” or this link:
On the above page, please find your PhotoMeetUps.com location and from the pull-down menu, please select either $14.95 monthly, billed automatically each month, or if you’d prefer to get two months and two meet-ups events for FREE, then select the annual payment of $149.50 from the menu, then click on “Order.” Follow the PayPal directions from there, it’s secure and simple.
Once payment is made, you’ll be upgraded to VIP Silver or Gold status for our forums and throughout our site. This status will allow you access to special sections, discounts, offers, etc., so don’t delay. Monthly dues are separate from meet-up event fees and you only pay the meet-up fee if you attend. All fees are kept to a minimum while bringing you the best to a maximum! Again, the more we grow, the lower the fees over time. You also get rewarded for each meet-up attendance as our system is based on loyalty that rewards on longevity. The longer you're a member, you can earn discounts to certain events and even free meet-up admissions.
After registration and payment as outlined above, please upload your photos in your albums with the following steps:
1. Login to your account on the forum at PhotoMeetUps.com, http://www.photomeetups.com/forums/
2. Click on your name on the upper right hand corner of the "Welcome" box.
3. Click on Add Albums found either in the welcome box or on your profile in the right-hand side under Albums, or click this link: http://www.photomeetups.com/forums/album.php?do=addalbum
4. Give your Album/Portfolio a name and description, select type, public or private (for your first albums, please select public so we can see your photography), then hit "Submit."
5. Then click the link, "Upload Pictures" and follow directions from there. It's very simple and don't be afraid to click any link, you can't break the system! (Note: If you have not paid your dues, you will be limited to only 20 images or 2MB max total, plus the longest side of your images are limited to 600 pixels. If you are paid, thus a VIP status, your image total for a VIP Silver is 150 images or 15MB, for VIP Gold, 300 images or 30MB. VIP Silver longest side is restricted to 12 pixels and VIP Gold is 1500 pixels. We recommend for public portfolios limit your images between 600-800 pixels on your longest side so viewers do not have to scroll. For your private images, that's your personal choice as you can use his area for private storage of your larger images as back-ups! Please keep in mind, you are limited to a total storage space based on your membership which is the total of all public and private albums.
We also ask that once you've uploaded your images, please go to your "User CP" (the link is found at the top of the forum menu) or here: http://www.photomeetups.com/forums/usercp.php Please explore the options for your account and profile. Please upload an "Avatar" and a "Profile Picture" and update all information.
To get an idea of all the benefits you will receive, please go here: http://www.photomeetu...
Hopefully you'll see at the benefits and while navigating our "group of groups" site what we'll be able to bring you now and the near future. There will be some growing pains and many questions, but please be patient with us.
Thanks for all your support and for becoming a photographic explorer, Jerry & Rolando