addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

DC Perl Mongers Message Board › Meetup details changed: Monthly DC.PM Meeting

Meetup details changed: Monthly DC.PM Meeting

Brock Wilcox (.
awwaiid
Group Organizer
Washington, DC
Meeting date changed to dodge holiday!

Just a reminder, we'll be holding a meeting tonight at the usual location/time -- 7:30pm @ liquidity services (20th and L NW). See http://dc.pm.org/ for details, and for instructions on joining the mailing list.

I had initially thought we were doing a talk on testing, but actually the speaker isn't quite ready for that. While testing is always a welcome topic, I was thinking that I would show off a snapshot of a new tool I'm developing and what tools I'm using:

• Devel::Vestige - The tool itself, an interface to New Relic (a commercial application performance monitoring service)
  • Moo - Lighter than Moose
  • Method::Signatures - Simplify method definitions
  • JSON + LWP::UserAgent - Invoke a REST API
  • Data::Printer - Handy for log-based debugging
  • Dist::Zilla - Easy way to package it all up

We'll also discuss the upcoming year and how we're going to make it a great one -- specifically we need to get a schedule of talks and volunteer speakers going. So if you'd like some practice speaking in front of a very friendly group, your time is at hand!

I look forward to seeing y'all there.

--Brock

--------------------------------------­------------------

I've updated this Meetup. For more details, see the full listing:
http://www.meetup.com/DC-Perl-Mongers/events/95744242/­

When: Tuesday, January 8, 2013 7:30 PM

Where: Liquidity Services Inc
1920 L St NW # 200
Washington, DC 20036

You can always get in touch with me through my group profile on Meetup.