To secure your spot, purchase your ticket from the Eventbrite link (https://www.eventbrite.com/e/language-exchange-happy-hour-and-friending-tickets-159077839099). RSVPing only on the Meetup Page doesn't allow you to attend the Event.
ABOUT THE EVENT
It is irresistible, to enjoy a GERMAN convo with taco and drinks. The Event is open to all levels of GERMAN language, from beginners to native fluency.
Ticket price includes One Taco and One Margarita.
As you all remember well, this event used to bring out hundreds of people every week. However, it was discontinued last year for the obvious reason. We couldn't gather that many people now, because of restrictions. Hence, we are downsizing and caping the number of attendees. We have super limited spots.
During this unprecedented time we were in lockdowns/confinements and we were not able to stay in touch with our old friends (as we used to) and couldn't make new ones. That is why we came up with the FRIENDING part. We have a lot in common :- We speak different languages, we represent different cultures, we lived/travelled to different countries, we appreciate different accents, we are internationally minded.
We are at 50% capacity. So, please drink for two:)
As per DC Government guidelines, this is a sit down dinning event. Maximum of six people will be seated per table. Space is limited and advance ticket purchase is required.
Due to the pandemic the entire set up of this event is changed:
- We will be complying with all CDC, state, and local guidelines.
- Occupancy never exceeds 50%.
- Temperature check for staff and patrons.
- All patrons must wear masks. If you don't wear a mask, we don't allow you to enter and you won't be refunded.
- A thorough cleaning and disinfection of frequently contacted surfaces will be done during the event and please bear with us.
- ATTENDEES WILL BE ASKED TO KEEP PHYSICAL DISTANCE FROM OTHER GROUPS/COUPLES/FAMILIES.
Payment Instructions :
1. You should login from a PC to see the 'Pay Now' button, after RSVPing. Then hit the button.
2. Verify correct dollar amount for number of people you're paying for.
3. If you don't have a Paypal account, click "Pay with a Debit or Credit Card".
4. If you have a Paypal account, simply log in, and pay as you normally would via Paypal.
Refund & Ticket Resell
All sales are final. We only refund the full amount, if the event is canceled. If it is rescheduled, we will send an email to ticket holders advising that. A full refund will be given to those that let us know within 2 calendar days of the update email, if you are unable to make it on the new date. No refunds will be given after that time.
However, you can sell your ticket to someone else if you are unable to attend. Please, feel free to post in the comment box for the event, that you have a ticket for sale. Work out payment between yourselves, and have the seller only send the organizer a message letting us know the full name of the person taking your spot. You must let us know two hours before the RSVP close time, on the day of the event.
**FOR FURTHER INFO, REFER THE EVENTBRITE LINK AND PURCHASE TICKETS. IT RULES**
METRO & PAKING INFO
The closest metro station is Woodley Park/Adams Morgan.
Street Parking might be a challenge. But if you plan to drive, try your luck on Champlain Street. Otherwise, there is a parking garage around. However, the event involves drinking and we highly recommend a shared ride or taxi service. DRINK RESPONSIBLY.