To secure your spot, purchase your ticket from the Eventbrite link (https://www.eventbrite.com/e/charity-virtual-language-exchange-happy-hour-saturday-ed-tickets-105600544070). RSVPing only on the Meetup page, doesn't allow you to attend the Event.
ABOUT THE EVENT
Let us meet up, online for a language exchange. Due to the present pandemic situation, we are moving our live language exchange to a virtual platform, for the time being. It works the same as the live one, except we don't get to meet face-to-face.
When you purchase a ticket, you will be emailed the Event ID and Password.
We will create different and private breakout rooms for all represented languages and we will assign attendees accordingly. If you are a polyglot, you could roam around from breakout room to breakout room.
As we all know, the restaurant industry is the most affected by this crisis and we would like to contribute our share and help out our last two bars (Johnny Pistolas and Recessions), where we used to hold our live happy hours. A portion of the proceed will go to them.
Feel free to bring your own beverage (alcoholic/non-alcoholic).
All languages are welcome! However we don't guarantee the availability of a partner in that particular language, you would like to exchange.
Rules to abide :
1. When you log in, we will direct you to your respective breakout room.
2. Be respectful to your counterparts and give them a chance to exchange with others as well.
3. We all are native speakers of one or two languages and be willing to help others and try to accommodate as much as possible.
4. If you don't speak the other person's required language, LEAVE THEM ALONE.
5. Rude or aggressive members are removed from the group at an organizers discretion.
6. Most of our members complained about people writing in the comment box. Since it sends notification to all attendees. If you have any questions, send a message to the organizers. Don't write in the comment box.
7. We have ZERO TOLERANCE for solicitation. We don't allow anyone to run their own agenda at the Event. If you are interested to promote/sponsor/collaborate; contact us via ([masked]).
8. Don't be shy of your local languages. We have diplomates assigned to different countries, who would love to practice your languages.
Payment Instructions :
1. You should login from a PC to see the 'Pay Now' button, after RSVPing. Then hit the button.
2. Verify correct dollar amount for number of people you're paying for.
3. If you don't have a Paypal account, click "Pay with a Debit or Credit Card".
4. If you have a Paypal account, simply log in, and pay as you normally would via Paypal.
Refund & Ticket Resell Policy
All sales are final. We only refund the full amount, if the event is canceled. If it is rescheduled, we will send an email to those who RSVPed 'YES' advising that. A full refund will be given to those that let us know within 2 calendar days of the update email, if you are unable to make it on the new date. No refunds will be given after that time.
However, you can sell your ticket to someone else if you are unable to attend. Please, feel free to post in the comment box for the event, that you have a ticket for sale. Work out payment between yourselves, and have the seller only send the organizer a message letting us know the full name of the person taking your spot. You must let us know two hours before the RSVP close time, on the day of the event.