• So you got this camera that is just collecting dust.
• You have nothing to do on the weekend but chores and dreading Monday morning.
• Everything is so expensive these days trying to get away and relax.
• You are very artistic, but a paintbrush may not be as friendly to you as you would like.
• You have an empty nest and looking for ways to make new long-time friends.
Welcome to DC - NY Travel Photography Meetup.
Our goal is to come together to contribute and learn more about photography. We are in DC, but we will travel and shoot up the Northeast for those that are adventurous. Places like Jersey Shore, the Poconos Mountains, and the Big Apple.
Some of our activities will be a photo walk, photography projects, photography teaming, specializing association guilds, photography challenge contents, and have a photography contest.
We will start with these projects in January:
• Paparazzi 101. Photography in public spaces is generally permitted, so descend on open space and start snapping.
• Explore Your City. Find the hidden niches in your town. Neglected structures, public cemeteries, and historic buildings provide rich sources of color, texture, and context.
• After Dark. Low light conditions can be severe even for advanced photographers. Venture out after dark to tackle a classic photography challenge.