addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

DFW Scrum Message Board › CSP Exam

CSP Exam

Sabeena H.
user 54905292
Frisco, TX
Post #: 1
Hi Everyone,

I am getting ready to prepare for the CSP exam. I am trying to find out what is the best approach to stay for this exam and the resources to utilize? Any help shall be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Sabeena
Michael A.
Mike_Abugow
Plano, TX
Post #: 2
Hi Sabeena,

My experience with this was to study and understand anything/everything under the Agile umbrella: XP, TDD, BDD, ATDD, Kanban, Lean, and everything else they recommend. This exam is not just an understanding of Scrum, but how to incorporate other lightweight framesworks to help extend and expand Scrum so that it is more effective.

Mike
Donna A.
user 10317052
Irving, TX
Post #: 4
I didn't get much response but I read several books from the list. The one's I found most helpful were The Bridge to Agility by Michelle Sliger, Agile Estimating and Plannin by Cohn, and Agile PM with Scrum by Schwaber. I also found a PMI-ACP Study Guide online but after I took the exam. It has some obscure things on it that may have helped. You can download it for free from www.bostonagiletraining.com.

Good Luck!
Donna
Julie C.
user 8677272
Dallas, TX
Post #: 6
Are you studying for the Scrum Alliance CSP or the PMI-ACP? The CSP should be able Scrum specific, and I have not taken the exam. http://www.scrumallia...­ when I obtained mine it was via an experience report.

There is a practice exam available on the site. I would be interested as to whether the questions CSP Candidate Handbook are the actual types of questions.

A new Scrum book might be helpful. http://www.amazon.com...­ It is written by Mitch Lacey he is a CST involved in the community.

All of Mike Cohn's books would be helpful, for the CSP given you need experience his Succeeding with Agile would be a good choice. http://www.amazon.com...­

I would also make sure that you understand all of the points of the Scrum Guide from the Scrum Alliance.

If you are taking the PMI-ACP exam my recommendation would be to use Mike's book. http://www.amazon.com...­
Donna A.
user 10317052
Irving, TX
Post #: 5
I did this for the PMI-ACP then I took the CSP exam second.
The CSP exam was extremely easy, mostly based on experience. I was in and out in one hour.

But! You may want to call Scrum Alliance first. I spent the money and took the exam then received an email saying they didn't think the exam was a good judge of knowledge and instead of renewing my CSP for 2 more years (I already had the CSP through the old way of submitting an essay) they renewed it for 3 years since I went through the trouble of taking the test. I see the info to take the test is still on their website so please contact them to find out what is going on now before you take it.

I would read the Schwaber and Cohn book, and with industry knowledge and experience u should be in good shape.

I think downloading that guide I told you about may help with the PMI-ACP although I didn't find it until after I took the exam but I did notice some of the obscure content that was on the test was on the guide.

~ Donna
Donna A.
user 10317052
Irving, TX
Post #: 6
The other book I recommend is Agile Software Development with Scrum by Ken Schwaber and Mike Beedle