addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

DFW Scrum Message Board › Opportunity to Share

Opportunity to Share

William "RED" D.
reddavidson
Plano, TX
Post #: 1
Dear DFW Scrummers,

CA Technologies is making good progress on our Agile transformation. The focus to date has been on the Scrum roles and practices. I’d like to start focusing on the engineering practices that make Agile work:
• Story slicing
• Pair programming
• Test Driven Development/Refactoring
• Continuous Integration
• Automated Testing (could be combined with CI)

If you have a success story you’d like to share – especially if your teams work on the mainframe – I’d love to hear from you. The idea is to host a “brown bag” knowledge sharing session at CA’s site in Plano (during office hours), present the concept, present an internal success story, then present your success story followed by Q&A.

I’ll even buy you lunch!

If you can help, please let me know. (Note: this is not a sales opportunity.)

Thanks and Regards
Lance D.
lance.dacy
Group Organizer
Irving, TX
Post #: 126
Hi Red, you've heard our story before (I think), so if you aren't able to find anyone "fresh" to do this, I'd be happy to.
A former member
Post #: 1
First, I realize this is not a sales opportunity :).

I work for a consulting firm, Seilevel, that lives in the Requirements space. As you can imagine, we have been engaged with several companies as they have transitioned from Waterfall to Agile (usually they get stuck in the middle), and develop business processes to support both a strong requirements methodology and a well defined PLC.

If you are interested, I'd love to meet and share with you some of my experiences with the transition and potential pitfalls from the Business Stakeholder/Product Owner perspective...

Jason.Benfield@Seilevel.com