With over 90% of the recipes taught by other course providers failing safety tests, why choose to learn with www.makingskincare.com? Jane, a seasoned cosmetic chemist (full member of the Society of Cosmetic Scientists) with over 10 years experience formulates for major commercial brands such as The Body Shop, Blistex, H&M, Boots as well as start-ups. Jane’s insider knowledge will enable you to make professional natural products that are not only effective but safe.
TO BOOK: please book through www.makingskincare.com’s sister site: http://www.makingskincare.bigcartel.com/product/part-2-professional-natural-lotion-cream-making (bookings here on meetup will not be accepted).
Master the art of lotion making under the expert guidance of a renown cosmetic chemist with this theory only Part 2 class (Part 1 the practical class only covers less than 10% of what you need to know). Learn to make lotion the correct and safe way.
If you already make lotion, do you know:
- that stabilisers are vital, what they are and how to use them
- how to make your lotion more/less: greasy, thick, moisturising
- how to calculate the water amount and make up for water evaporation
- an "effective" combo of natural preservative blends and a preservative strategy to help you pass preservative tests needed to sell your product
- which emulsifiers are tricky to use and aren't so effective and which ones are effective and how to apportion them
- how to work out how much emulsifier is needed for any given recipe
- what amounts of oils, humectant etc are recommended for different skin types
- how to reduce soaping/whitening
- how to reduce froth/air bubbles
- how to determine shelf life
- how to make your product more stable so it is more likely to pass stability tests needed to sell your product
- the differences between a lotion, cream, serum, moisturiser and body butter?
Learn the key ingredients, insider tips and tricks needed for a lotion to pass lab tests
Identify the most beneficial natural oils, butters, humectants and actives for different skin types and how to use them
Discover which natural preservative blends are the most effective and safe
Access expertly formulated recipes for different skin types
TO BOOK this Part 2 class please book through www.makingskincare.com’s sister site: http://www.makingskincare.bigcartel.com/product/part-2-professional-natural-lotion-cream-making
As over 90% of what you need to know to make a safe and table lotion is technical theory, this Part 2 class is a theory only class so no lotion will be made. If you would like to actually make a lotion to take away with you, here’s our Part 1 class: http://www.naturalsoapworkshop.bigcartel.com/product/diy-natural-lotion-cream-bodybutter
Do join our formulation discussion group which has over 12,000 members: https://www.facebook.com/groups/makingskincare/
(In Part 3 which is coming soon you will learn the HLB system and learn how to duplicate a luxury brand’s formula of your choice!)