addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

DMV Intuitive Introverts Message Board › DMV Intuitive Introverts is now Requesting Annual Membership Donations (Dues)

DMV Intuitive Introverts is now Requesting Annual Membership Donations (Dues)

Kimbers
user 4993115
Arlington, TX
Hi Intuverts,
DMV Intuitive Introverts has started requesting $10.00/year dues donations to cover costs of running this Meetup.
We are requesting donations (dues) so we can:

• Cover Meetup costs
  • Have a reserve fund for future events
  • Provide supplies, equipment, and/or funds for room deposits
  • Improve Meetups

You can pay online here. Once you sign up for donation dues, you will be automatically billed each year.  You will always be reminded before each charge, and you can cancel your donation dues payment at any time.  Donations are optional.  You will not be excluded from future Meetup events or membership in this Meetup group if you choose not to donate.
Due to the new financial system used by Meetup, the request shows up on the page as "Member Dues".  Payment is optional, but understand that keeping the DMW Intuverts Meetup group up and running is not free.  Funds that exceed the expense of monthly group renewal fees will be used to defray the costs of future events.
Every donation helps! Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Thank You!
Kimbers
A former member
Post #: 3
I have not attended a meetup with this group yet. I belong to many meetup groups. I think that annual dues of $10.00 is too high - I have paid $2 annual membership to another group and think that is reasonable. I also go to events for groups that charge $1 per event to cover costs and that is also reasonable.
Lisa
user 6706822
Washington, DC
Post #: 3
i've been to plenty of these meetups and look forward to more. i'm happy to pitch in. Thanks for all you do, Kimbers et al.
A former member
Post #: 9
I think a fee is a good idea for this group and I'm willing to pay. I think a meetup group where the membership is more focused and committed is more valuable than a random meetup (at least to me) and a small fee is a way to show commitment. Also I have also been hyper aware that someone else is paying the meetup fee for all the meetup groups with which I've been attending events and that makes me feel like somewhat of a freeloader!!!

How much, when/where/how -- that may be open to some debate. I like the model of paying $1 per event attended or RSVP'd to because the amount paid varies with the amount of commitment to the group and benefit gained. Some people can't attend many events, some people are new and just thinking about attending, etc, etc. I have seen online payment integrated into the event sign up with another group, so it does seem like the technology supports that. I wonder if that might be more work on your part to set up and potentially to track payments -- if you chose to do so.

I understand you have set these payments up as being voluntary, though that may not be clear to some as the fee appears on the home page and it doesn't seem many members read these discussions. Though you indicated your intent is not to exclude people from events I do think it is reasonable to ask people to contribute a dollar when they sign up for an event. Those who have paid the annual fee would not have to pay anything per event.