What we're about
Updated December 18, 2018
The DMV Men's Massage group will be reconvening in January of 2019. To improve the group, I will be implementing a few changes in the new year to better administer and manage things.
1. FACE PICTURES - All members (and membership requests) must have a clear and current profile picture of themselves that includes at least their entire face (no sunglasses, blurred or face-covered photos). This is not an attempt to “out” members but a way for members to get to know each other.
If you do not have a current facepic as part of your profile, I encourage you to upload one by January 1, 2019. Current members who do not have a facepic (by Jan 1, 2019) will be removed from the group. Pending members without a face picture will not be considered.
2. PARTICIPATE & RESPOND - All members MUST participate. Attending a meetup, of course, counts as participation, but participation also means:
- Simply responding to an RSVP meetup announcement as Going or Not Going. ALL members should respond to ALL scheduled meetups even if he cannot attend.
- Hosting a meetup group with 3 or more people scheduled to attend (Contact Meetup group Organizer if you are hosting a group of 3 or more.)
The important takeaway here is to simply respond and engage in the group. Numerous members have been recently removed from the group due to lack of participation. Members who do not participate/RSVP (as Going or NOT Going) to 2 consecutive meetups will be removed from the group.
3. GROUP SIZE LIMIT - The number of group members will be limited. (This limit # is TBD.) The current requests to join the group may take some time to review due to group capacity issues. Please be patient. I will review requests in the order they were received.
4. MEMBERSHIP APPROVAL BY ORGANIZER - Lastly, please note that membership in this meetup is determined by the Organizer. Requesting membership does not mean you will be approved. I actually read and consider the responses to your profile questions! Our goal is to create a safe and open space to foster male intimacy through touch. My goal is to find a cohesive group of men to do this.