Hope to see everyone at the jam :)
Let's everyone do our part to:
- make sure everyone is included and encouraged to participate
- always be mindful of not overtly skipping anyone.
- encourage experimentation, never be afraid of jam buster songs, but if you decide to do that, please consider bringing copies of the chord sheets (works well)
- Split breaks often, especially in a long break, it shows you're all about sharing the spotlight and there for making good music - how to do that? Just lean into or nod to someone to take over. Oh the camaraderie grows so fast this way!
- Be mindful of inadvertently crowding someone out. Ouch, we've all been on the bad end of that! Always open the circle as wide as it needs to get!
- At the risk of offending someone, it will help to remind non-bluegrass musicians that while there are country and other genre' jams all over the county, all the time, good bluegrass jams are a rarity by comparison and we respectively request they play bluegrass at our "bluegrass jam".
If we have jams like the first one, wow it will be an awesome legacy for you.
All the best!
I've been a Bluegrass fan and player for quite a few years and I love everything about the music...