addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Dallas Cohousing Message Board › Exciting possibility re a property: Bank selling note

Exciting possibility re a property: Bank selling note

Angela
AngelaAlston
Group Organizer
Dallas, TX
Hi everyone--

Hugh has been following a property on which the bank is now selling the note. It's a business in bankruptcy, so very good chance the property will become available for retrofit.

Hugh can provide lots more info about the business side; I'm going to mention the touchy-feely side.

This is a property in North Dallas, with land attached. Mostly flood plain, so gardening is possible but we'd need to get clear about city rules. It includes access to a creek.

It's on a quiet street, just off Preston Rd.. With potential covered parking across the street--one thing Hugh's investigating.

It's one big building which served as an athletic club, and has an existing commercial kitchen and Olympic-sized pool. Building size = 58,910 SF

Down side: 2 sides of the building are right next to an apt. complex.
And it's not walking distance from DART.

Up side: available land for garden and recreation.

The note is $1.2 million approx.

This price is good, making possible a gut retrofit.

This is one to move quickly on; the bank is eager to sell the note.

So please let us know asap if you're interested in more detail.

Also let us know if you might be able to access someone with deep pockets--we know most of us don't have that kind of cash on hand.

I've got a few pictures posted on Facebook (http://www.facebook.c...­.

Best,
angela

Angela Alston
Dallas Cohousing
http://dallascohousin...­
972 669 8798
Angela
AngelaAlston
Group Organizer
Dallas, TX
Post #: 25
btw, it's walking distance from Tom Thumb, Starbucks & other conveniences.
Ray
iknowlessthanyou
Dallas, TX
Post #: 2
I live a quarter mile from Inwood station that my son uses to attend the Science and Engineering School in south Dallas and am aware of a few properties for sale with potential for cooperative housing in the area.
Siobhan
user 14104195
Dallas, TX
Post #: 1
Call/ email
972-365-7777
hugh at pizel dot com