Sponsored by UTA Center for Metropolitan Density, Hosted by HKS Inc. at 350 N. St. Paul St. Suite 100 The UTA Center for Metropolitan Density (CfMD) Roundtable will be at 6 PM on Wednesday 5 February 6-730p at HKS in Dallas. This CfMD Roundtable follows our last session in October on the future of Central Dallas, with a preview of the Regeneration scenario from UTA’s Advanced Design Studio for the Urban core--- and to explore the future potential to capitalize on the success of Clyde Warren Park, improvements in Transit options and expected new office/ residential developments to more fully bring together Uptown and Downtown. Roundtable Discussion Topics will include—
· · What are possible financial and physical solutions for expensive parking?
· · Can Retail amenities be expanded without Anchor stores?
· · Can Transportation options be considered for an expanded core?
· · Can Mixed-Use Infill formats offer broader residential choices?
· · Can Public/Private Partnerships create a more competitive Core?
· · What educational/ technical components might add dimension to the Urban Workplace?
Ft Worth has assembled a Plan 2023 to enable the downtown core to be the preferred live/work focus for the next generation workforce. The goal of UTA's CfMD Advanced Studio and of this Roundtable is to surface development issues and possible solutions for a Regeneration of the Dallas Center Core---- including both Uptown and Downtown--- to achieve real capture of more than a fair share of absorption over the next decade. Confirmed Developer Panelists -----------------
· Neal Sleeper, Cityplace
· Joe Pitchford, Crescent Real Estate
· Ted Hamilton, Hamilton Properties
· Lucy Bilingsley, Billingsley & Co
· Shawn Todd, Todd Interests
· Brian Leslie, Prescott Realty
· Mike Ablon, PegasusAblon
· Ramsey March, Stream Realty
We apologize for the last-minute Panelist invitation to discuss a possible solutions and Vision Plan for downtown---as we have just today confirmed availability for Wednesday evening 5 February at HKS Inc. 350 N. St. Paul St. Dallas --- 6-730pm with reception to follow. This event is free --but seating is limited---so Please RSVP at your very soonest. Michael P. Buckley[masked] (cell)
Center for Metropolitan Development
Advanced Design Studio University of Texas at Arlington