addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Dallas-Plano Atheists Meetup Group Message Board › Dawkins was just on The Factor

Dawkins was just on The Factor

Gregg
gregglll
Lewisville, TX
Post #: 87
Watching Fox News 2 nights ago and (surprise, surprise) Richard Dawkins was interviewed by O'Reilly.

http://www.youtube.co...­

I had already preordered The Magic of Reality after seeing Dawkins discuss it elsewhere. Looks like an excellent children's book.
David
user 9512682
Dallas, TX
Post #: 10
Thanks for sharing this. I was in Texas FreeThought Convention this past weekend and Dawkins mentioned that he was on O'Reilley show recently, after which a hotel somewhere in Midwest that he had reservation for refused to give him his room. Apparently the hotel manager or owner realized he was the same person on O'Reilly show and he didn't give Dawkins the room.
Gregg
gregglll
Lewisville, TX
Post #: 89
Thanks for sharing this. I was in Texas FreeThought Convention this past weekend and Dawkins mentioned that he was on O'Reilley show recently, after which a hotel somewhere in Midwest that he had reservation for refused to give him his room. Apparently the hotel manager or owner realized he was the same person on O'Reilly show and he didn't give Dawkins the room.

That is so ridiculous for the hotel manager to do that. You would think that would be against the law as well. And maybe I am biased, but Dawkins seemed to me to go out of his way to be reasonable. And he said explicitely he was not "mocking God" in the book. (And remarkably, O'Reilly didn't interupt Dawkins as much as he usually does his other guests.)
A former member
Post #: 139
I just saw the clip...

I am not sure why any rational freethinker would ever agree to go on a Fox network show. Fox's agenda is to divide people -make American hate other Americans. The only reason to have Dawkins or Dan Barker is to poke at them - to give a face to their straw man arguments and then proceed to beat on them. Having said that - I always like to see these exchanges and like knowing that freethinkers will not be silenced.
Prasad G.
user 12888063
Plano, TX
Post #: 11
It takes a whole lot of courage of conviction or a wholehearted willingness to receive abuse or just plain indiscriminate promotion of one's product irrespective of channel to be on such a show.

I think Dawkins has all of it.

We should be very thankful to him to open a channel of communication with such closed-minded people. I believe there are a few people who watch O'Rielly who are are not as close-minded and immoral as he. May be there is a chance the message will get across on this channel.