addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Wes
WesW
Dallas, TX
Post #: 3
I'm interested in going to see Jesus Camp at the Inwood Theatre tomorrow (Thursday) night, and I was wondering whether we could turn this into a group activitiy: take in a movie about Fundie Warrior training camps, then share our horror over drinks.

The film show nightly at 7:20. This is short notice, I know, but I'm afraid the movie may close this weekend. It's already closed at all the other cinemas in Dallas.

If you've not heard of this film, here is the Inwood's summary:
Directors Heidi Ewing and Rachel Grady (The Boys of Baraka) follow several young children to Pastor Becky Fischer's "Kids on Fire" summer camp in Devil's Lake, North Dakota. At this camp, kids as young as 6 years old are taught to become dedicated Christian soldiers in "God's army." Following these children at camp as they hone their "prophetic gifts" and are schooled in how to "take back America for Christ," Ewing and Grady take an unprecedented look into an intense training ground that recruits born-again Christian children to become an active part of America's political future.
Wes
WesW
Dallas, TX
Post #: 5
I was there Thursday night, but when no one else showed (not that I recognized, anyway) I went book shopping instead.

But I did learn that Jesus Camp will be showing at the Inwood Theatre for one more week. So I propose that we try again, and I'm glad that we don't have to try to arrange this at the last minute.

For anyone interested in seeing this film, let's meet at the Inwood, in their Lounge, at about 7pm on Thursday, October 19th.

Here's the online trailer at YouTube: http://www.youtube.co...­
Wes
WesW
Dallas, TX
Post #: 7
I've had no indication that anyone else is going to the movie tonight, so I've made other plans. It isn't every day that I get free tickets to a play.