addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Dallas-Plano Atheists Meetup Group Message Board › charities at the holidays

charities at the holidays

A former member
Post #: 78
I am so conflicted about giving to charities during the holidays (or any time, really). A woman I work with wanted to know if could donate to the toy drive and canned goods drive, but I feel as though they are being too exclusive, leaving out those who are of a different religion or just don't celebrate Christmas at all (like us).

How do you guys feel about it? I don't want the kids to go hungry or not have toys when all the other kids do, but I just wish there were a better way to go about it. An atheist toy drive, for example. Why does it have to be during the winter? Needy kids and families need toys, clothes, and food at times other than December, too.

Thoughts?