addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Dallas-Plano Atheists Meetup Group Message Board › Atheists in Oklahoma City have erected a billboard seeking fellow non-believ

Atheists in Oklahoma City have erected a billboard seeking fellow non-believers, and Satanists!

Lesa P.
Lesa
McKinney, TX
Post #: 138

Ummm...aren't the only people who believe in Satan the same ones who believe in God?

http://www.foxnews.co...­
I N P.
Planogal
Plano, TX
Post #: 18
Actually, the headline doesn't match the story at all (surprise, surprise). The 2 events - CoR billboard and Satanists meeting in public hall, are not related in any way, but media have not recently been accused of logic or reason.
Chris Irwin D.
chrisirwindavis
Richardson, TX
Post #: 1
Most Christians conflate Atheism and Satanism. I wouldn't expect Christians in the media to be any different.
Lesa P.
Lesa
McKinney, TX
Post #: 140
Yeah, I had found where a link to the article appeared like this:

Atheists in Oklahoma City have erected a billboard seeking fellow non-believers, and Satanists

Which was just the beginning of the first sentence.

Atheists in Oklahoma City have erected a billboard seeking fellow non-believers, and Satanists have scheduled a conference in a city-owned building, drawing criticism from ministers in a state where more than eight out of 10 people say they are Christians.

Interesting use of a compound sentence.
Matt B.
user 11413756
Fort Worth, TX
Post #: 1
...Wow.
Mick
Mick_
Plano, TX
Post #: 224
Yup that's the media for you.

I still find it amazing that an atheist billboard is "designed to agitate, kind og like poking a finger in your eye" but a Xian billboard doesn't.

"I see stupid people"

And I'm tired of it.
A former member
Post #: 8
Thats funny..I had to smile even though im incredibly hungover and feel like the dirt waste human scum that Iam. I wish there was a god so I could have something to blame this horrible condition on -along with blaming him for all the other idiotic stuff. You know what Im saying. too bad its just us and no one to blame.
Les
user 5743062
Addison, TX
Post #: 699
Actually, that headline was also in the Dallas Morning News a week or so ago (for those among us archaic enough to read printed works).

I'm all for grouping topics in headlines, but if I wrote it it might be something more along the lines of:

"Catholics, sharing a common belief with Satanists, are erecting another church within 100 yards of a playground"

Ahhhh!

We need a less subtle billboard.

I'm getting tired of seeing the sanctimonious "'I am second' and am so far superior to you that I've got my own fucking billboad to tell you so"

We need a "God is for Wimps" billboard. Show the men in their funny hats and dresses (robes), hands in the air, down on all fours barking like dogs, in handcuffs for child molesting, in handcuffs for soliciting, etc.

We need to show religion to be ridiculous.

Chris Irwin D.
chrisirwindavis
Richardson, TX
Post #: 2
A couplle of years ago the Atheists, Skeptics, and Humanists club (A.S.H.) at UT Dallas started the "I Am First" campaign in response to aggressive I Am Second prosletyzing on campus.
http://iamfirstutd.bl...­
Les
user 5743062
Addison, TX
Post #: 700
The 'I am First' campaign might be a bit more effective if it included actors such as Brad Pitt, etc. from this list:

http://en.wikipedia.o...­