As R is used more frequently for business presentations and reports, it is important to be able to quickly generate HTML, PDF and other document types interactively and for production scheduling. Bruce Moore will show how to use RStudio (https://www.rstudio.com/) to create HTML and PDF output interactively and as a scheduled batch job.
The session will cover
• When to use Markdown (https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/markdown/index.html), RHTML, LaTeX (http://www.latex-project.org/) or ODF (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenDocument) for a particular project
• Sweave (http://www.statistik.lmu.de/%7Eleisch/Sweave/), odfWeave (https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/odfWeave/index.html) and knitr (http://yihui.name/knitr/)--the three underlying tools
• Creating a Markdown document in RStudio
• Creating an RHTML document in RStudio
• Creating a LaTeX document in RStudio
• Scheduling Markdown, RHTML and LaTeX as a batch job to update a web page
The examples will be based upon a batch job to generate weekly econometric graphs and a batch job to generate graphs of weekly spam phone calls blocked by Network Caller ID (http://ncid.sourceforge.net/) on a residential phone line.
Who: Bruce (http://www.meetup.com/Dallas-R-Users-Group/members/20575221/)
When: Feb. 27,[masked]:00AM
Where: Univ. of Dallas, Gorman Lecture Hall, Room A (parking next to Bell Tower on Lot A) directions (http://udallas.edu/visitors/directions.php)
Please come join us to network, learn, collaborate, and gain knowledge with fellow R users in the Dallas area.