addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
Curtis K.
curtiskling
Group Organizer
Carrollton, TX
Post #: 81
I received the following message from Matt Laird today:

My name is Matt Laird. I am the manager of Smileypop. We are a
new game publisher looking to connect with friendly gamer
groups like yours. We'd like to offer your group a free copy of
our game Eleminis. It is a very simple card game that is easy
to learn. It is also very competitive (in a fun way), so the
more players you have, the crazier it gets.

To see more about Eleminis, go to www.Eleminis.com.

If you want a free copy, just let me know where you would like
it sent, and I'll pop it in the mail for you.

If you have any questions, please ask. I am more than happy to
chat!

Matt Laird
Manager, Smileypop
850-665-3615
matthew.laird @ smileypop.net

If you're interested in this game, please contact Mr. Laird, not me. Although it is not a boardgame, I wouldn't object if someone wanted to play it at one of our meetups.

Curtis

A former member
Post #: 7
I'm up for testing a card game!
Curtis K.
curtiskling
Group Organizer
Carrollton, TX
Post #: 82
To those of you who have requested the game, Matt Laird told me on January 4 that he will be sending them out soon. You may bring the game to an upcoming meetup if you wish.

Curtis
A former member
Post #: 8
The game was in my mailbox today, but not in time for the Meetup. Will bring it next time!
A former member
Post #: 9
Ok, so we played this game today with four adult players and found that by following the rules the games were ending way too quickly (not even running halfway through the deck of cards). We tried reducing the Star/Wildcards from 12 to 6 and that helped, but only slightly. In 6 games we never once made it all the way through the deck of cards.

Then we decided that Stars can ONLY remove a Trash or a duplicate Eleminis in YOUR row, and then both cards are discarded. If there is neither Trash nor a duplicate in your row, the Star is discarded and your turn is over. That made the game much more enjoyable and actually got us to run through the deck of cards before someone was able to win. I think I'd recommend 6 Stars for 2-4 players, and all 12 Stars for 5-8 players, unless you want to prolong gameplay, then stick with just 6 Stars in the deck.

Simple game layout, nice packaging (box instead of dual-deck tuck box), easy to understand graphics, and easy to learn rules. The more ruthless you are in sabotaging other players the better the game. If you don't like the element of sabotaging other players, then this game may be too simple and end too fast to really enjoy. The game appears to be simple enough that kids would understand it quickly.

I will bring is to the next Meetup and hopefully we can try it out to see if playing 6-8 players makes it possible to play by the real rules (Stars=Wildcards and Cleaner/Replacer) without the game ending too quickly.
A former member
Post #: 192
I got my copy and it looks like it might be fun. A little too kid-graphics for me but I can sure overlook that. The game developers want as many people as possible to play it and give feedback. Sounds like a fun project too (the feedback part).