addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Dallas Sustainable Living & Organic Gardening Message Board › Relocating to Dallas & need info on neighborhoods ASAP

Relocating to Dallas & need info on neighborhoods ASAP

This message board is read-only.

Dharmaja M.
user 9758929
Garland, TX
Post #: 44
Hello! My name is Dharmaja. My husband & I will most likely be moving to Dallas within 2 months. Part of the draw to Dallas is the opportunity to do something about the drought conditions. I am into Fukuoka's work on regreening deserts and reversing the desertification happening the world over and which seems to be happening now in TX. I need hands on training in permaculture so I am thrilled about the meetups you all do. I realize that change begins at home so it is very important that we land in a neighborhood that supports sustainable living. My husband is currently in Dallas, checking out your city! Can you give suggestions about what places would be best for our goals?
Many many thank yous!
driferna
user 124031672
Dallas, TX
Post #: 1
Hi Dharmaja, I am in a similar situation, I am about to move to Dallas for a job opportunity and I would like to have some information about neighborhoods and places that share my values. I was wondering if you could help me with that.

Thanks!!
Fernando
A former member
Post #: 30
Fernando and Dharmaja:
We signed a contract on a Permaculture ecovillage outside of Greenville just yesterday. We will have a Permaculture school there, do research, and teach Permaculture on an ongoing basis. Greenville is about 25 mintues from Rockwall and 30 minutes from McKinney. Hope you will consider us Terry
A former member
Post #: 31
Welcome to Dallas, both of you! Check out Terry's gig. She is the queen, par excel-lance, of permaculture in our area!
A former member
Post #: 32
Welcome to Dallas, both of you! Check out Terry's gig. She is the queen, par excel-lance, of permaculture in our area!