What we're about
We are an established mineral collecting club (having been organized ca. 1950) that meets on the first Thursday of every month at 7:00 pm in the Danbury Historical Society building on 43 Main Street, Danbury CT 06810 (it is near the south end of Main Street close to the Danbury Commons). We have various activities at meetings including guest speakers, member generated presentations, show and tell, an annual auction, and more. We recently started sharing all field trips with 4 other clubs from the CT and NY areas so we can collect at more places in multiple states. If you miss one, there is sometimes a repeat trip to the same locality later in the year.
Membership includes :
1. A monthly copy of "The Danburite" as it is published.
2. Participation in numerous field trips (insurance is a benefit of the membership).
3. Attendance to a meeting to hear from guest speakers and be included in other special events.
4. An annual pot luck club picnic and rock swap.
5. Special member price for the annual dinner seminar at a local restaurant.
Current membership dues are $15.00 per adult individual, $20.00 per family (including children under 18), and $10.00 for students and senior citizens.
***Please note certain field trips may be restricted to adults only due to hazardous conditions at a collecting sight or insurance regulations. Children are always welcome when a field trip is deemed safe, but they must be closely supervised by a parent. Junior members are welcome at all meetings.
If you would like further information, we also have a website. It is http://danburymineralogicalsociety.weebly.com