What we're about
Welcome to Dance Medicine! We are thrilled to welcome you into our beautiful Dance Medicine Tribe. We envision 2018 to be a year of enlightened growth as we develop our somatic wisdom by facilitating the emergence of our personal power. In our weekly practice, our focus will be an inner exploration, discovery and release of anything that keeps us from living a life we love with more freedom, peace and harmony. Together we will support and celebrate one another as we progress along our individual and mutual journeys, for the benefit of all beings.
Dance Medicine is a conscious, heart-centered mindfulness dance practice where everyone is welcome. We invite you to bring your most authentic selves and to show up free from judgment and any sense of separation. Expressing our humanity with compassion, playfulness and a deep sense of our own divine grace, we experience every moment as it appears. Arriving in the now and celebrating the new, we sustain our creative moments in community.
Dance Medicine has a core group of teachers who are certified in either 5Rhythms, Soul Motion or the Open Floor practice. Dance Medicine is proud to serve Key Tea after every dance for our physical and social health. Key Tea creates custom blended teas created from local tonic herbs and loose leaf tea, hand blended by a certified aromatherapist and permaculturalist.
Please join us in creating a mindful space:
Dance Medicine is a conscious dance practice. The following guidelines create a movement environment that allows both individuals and the group as a whole to move toward awareness and presence.
• Practice being mindful in your movement
• Movement with others is always completely consensual
• Whenever possible arrive before 7:30 and stay until we finish at 9:00
• No prior experience is necessary
• No talking on the dance floor.
• Please be sure to silence your cell phones or leave them in the foyer.
• Laughing, singing and expressions of enthusiasm are welcome as long as you are mindful of the group as a whole.
• You have a right and a responsibility to maintain your personal boundaries
• Be mindful of the proximity of others
• No photos or video allowed
• No alcohol or drugs
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT ::
• No shoes on the dance floor (dance shoes okay)
• Dance Medicine is a scent free environment. Please no perfumes or essential oils
• Ages 13 +