4 days ago · 2:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
Dance for PD in Philadelphia is now available weekly for interested students.
The Dance for PD program is built on one fundamental premise: professionally-trained dancers are movement experts whose knowledge is useful to persons with PD. Dancers know all about stretching and strengthening muscles, and about balance and rhythm. Dancers know about the power of dance to concentrate mind, body and emotion on movement because they use their thoughts, imagination, eyes, ears and touch to control their bodies every day.
Want to talk to someone about Dance for PD in Philadelphia? Please call or email Keila Cordova at[masked] or [masked].
FIRST CLASS IS FREE!
Class Card is $70 for 10 classes ($7 per class)
Drop-in is $10 for a single class
Pay for classes on line at http://954dmc.weebly.com/dance-for-pd.html or at the studio in person.
Why Dance for PD
The points below explain why dance is particularly beneficial for people with Parkinson’s disease.
Dance develops flexibility and instills confidence.
- Dance is first and foremost a stimulating mental activity that connects mind to body.
- Dance breaks isolation.
- Dance invokes imagery in the service of graceful movement.
- Dance focuses attention on eyes, ears and touch as tools to assist in movement and balance.
- Dance increases awareness of where all parts of the body are in space.
- Dance tells stories.
- Dance sparks creativity.
- The basis of dance is rhythm.
- The essence of dance is joy.