• 17:30-18:00 - Gathering, Networking, Hugs and Kisses
• 18:00-18:15 - Opening, Announcements, and More...
• 18:15-19:00 - First Session (Advanced Query Tuning Techniques - Part 1)
• 19:00-19:15 - Break (More Networking)
• 19:15-20:30 - Second Session (Advanced Query Tuning Techniques - Part 2)
Advanced Query Tuning Techniques – Guy Glantser (120 Minutes)
You identified a query that is causing performance issues, and your mission is to optimize it and boost performance. You looked at the execution plan and created all the relevant indexes. You even updated statistics, but performance is still bad. Now what?
In this session we will analyze common use cases of poorly performing queries, such as improper use of scalar functions, inaccurate statistics and the impact of parameter sniffing. We will learn through extensive demos how to troubleshoot these use cases and how to boost performance using advanced but practical techniques. By the end of this session, you'll have many powerful techniques to apply to solving query performance issues.