Dedicated session on Big Data. Our friends from bigdata.be (http://www.meetup.com/bigdatabe/events/217762942/) will explain what issues terabites of data bring, and what architectures are required to be able to manage it. We will have Agoria (http://www.agoria.be/) talking about key projects they support where data analytics play a major role, followed by talks from companies involved in BigData projects.
•18:30 Update on recent activities and developments by Philippe Van Impe (http://be.linkedin.com/in/pvanimpe/)
• 19:00 Wim Van Leuven (http://be.linkedin.com/in/wimvanleuven) about Big Data and the influence of data science
• 19:30 Daan Gerits (http://be.linkedin.com/in/daangerits) about the technological challenges around BigData and what the ideal IT architecture should look like
• 20:00 Ferdinand Casier (http://be.linkedin.com/in/ferdinandcasier) about 2 current projects at Agoria (EluciDATA and Made Different) where companies from different sectors are supported in their data innovation and data analytics challenge..
• 20:45 Karim Douïeb (http://www.ulb.ac.be/di/algo/kdouieb/) The pro & cons of the open-source data analytics cluster computing framework called Spark. How it is helping us to perform analytics on large amount of telco/banking data. How to convey the insights provided by this analysis through data visualisation using D3.js
• 21:30 Networking in Kultuurkaffee (http://www.kultuurkaffee.be/en/schedule)