Part 1: Latest update on the Data Science Community
• about the Academy (http://www.di-academy.com/) organizing hands-on trainings,
• about the Text mining hackathons (https://textmininghack.eventbrite.co.uk/) on June 17&18
• about the 12w Bootcamp (http://di-academy.com/bootcamp/) to become a datascientist starting Sept 15th.
• about the BBQ (https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/annual-datascience-bbq-tickets-25400681121) we will organize on June 24
• about the results of the satisfaction survey of #DIS2016 (http://www.disummit.com/) + youtube videos (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLn-a3azB5KbAMSZN5V5yM5dcp3tXwRyV9)of the presentation are online
Part2: Mar Cabra, Editor, Data & Research Unit at the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ) https://www.icij.org/journalists/mar-cabra
Mar will tell us how her international team worked with Data Science to unravel the Panama Papers story.
As from 9 May 2016, the Panama Papers database will be accessible, for more information please see:
Part3: Some hands-on examples on how the data can be used by Rik