addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Data Science Nashville Message Board › Big Data Vendor Lunch and Learn September 24th

Big Data Vendor Lunch and Learn September 24th

Brian J.
user 14589429
Group Organizer
Franklin, TN
Post #: 16
Hi everybody.

Cloudera is hosting a lunch and learn about using their product.

Please see the details below.

-Brian

I want to reach out and let you know about a free informational event on Big Data that we are hosting in Franklin on Tuesday, September 24th from 11-1 at Stoney River. Registration: http://www.eventbrite...­

I thought you and others in the Data Science group might be interested in hearing more about how companies can leverage "big data" technologies to improve analytical insight and lower costs of managing data. The CTO from one of our local Nashville based customers will be talking about their journey with gaining real value from Hadoop.

In addition we will be highlighting basic approaches companies are taking to start incorporating Hadoop into their environment while ensuring a real ROI. I think their use cases are particularly applicable with the type of processing that you all are doing.

Please forward to others who might be interested and let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Matt

Matt Jackson
Cloudera
mjackson@cloudera.com