Yesterday · 9:00 AM
This location is shown only to members
Are you a startup, analyst or developer? Are you considering Big Data as your next step in your development path? Make your first step into Big Data world with this one day workshop with an expert trainer.
The workshop agenda offers a fast overview of core technologies from the Apache Hadoop ecosystem. Apart from the deck, there will be a hands-on workshop where attendees will have the possibility to explore data sets.
During the workshop you will...
• Gain core knowledge about solving big data problems
• Understand MapReduce algorithm
• Learn Pig and Hive
• Learn the pros and cons of each tool
• Introduction to Big Data
• Introduction to MapReduce and Hadoop
• Introduction to Pig
• Introduction to Hive
• Cluster Monitoring and Management
• Basic knowledge of Java, SQL, bash, Python (or other scripting languages)
• Bring your device: Intel i5 or newer/similar, 6GB+ ram
The workshop is organised and run by Sages.
For more information and to confirm your place, please register on Eventbrite using the link below. Members of this group can get a 25% discount on the cost of the workshop. To apply the discount, click the "Enter promotional code" link and enter DTUK25 into the text field when signing up on http://apachehadooplondon.eventbrite.co.uk.