We have several projects we'd like to start working on to share at our Grand Opening and Maker Faire Atlanta 2015, so let's get making.
1) Life-size Operation game: Let's brainstorm how to build this structure including the electrical "zap" and oversized tweezers.
2) Communal Art Project: We'll be trying out some paint-splatter techniques over a taped off logo and a wax-resist logo. This should be messy and fun. We'll also talk about other possible art projects.
3) Build large Camera-Obscura: Let's take the Pringles can version and brainstorm how to make it huge.
4) Build a large photo booth: We'll be researching best ways to capture photos and how to build the booth including a green screen and/or chalk board.
5) Build robot costumes: This will include both our more detailed mascot mask/costume as well as projects kids can do including boxes and duck tape.
6) Build a trebuchet and/or catapult: Brainstorm how to best build these to be used for a game (think cornhole or carnival knock-downs).
7) Build blower-chair hover craft: Brainstorm best way to create this with possible addition of human-size shuffleboard.
8) Make DIY designed funnel cake: Help us figure out how to take a hand-drawn design on an ipad and turn it into a funnel cake.
If any of this sounds interesting, please come! We need makers of all types, skill levels, and ages to make this stuff. We WILL be setting up a recurring MeetUp thru August or until we actual build what we want... so if you can't make this one, stay tuned.