addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Denver Anime Meetup Group Message Board › Distributor-specific sales at Right Stuf

Distributor-specific sales at Right Stuf

A former member
Post #: 472
I haven't gotten an email update about this yet, but I just wandered by their site and saw this had been put up today: it's a sale on select ADV DVDs that's the same as they've done with Geneon DVDs: 10 for $50, and 25 for $100.

You've got to order multiples of those exact numbers to get the deal (i.e. you can't order 6 at $5 apiece), so if you can't make a full order with what you want, please feel free to use this thread to find partners who will balance you out.

This sale ends 2/6, but if you've done any of the Geneon sales you know it's best to put that order in quickly, since this looks to be a sale of in-stock material and they've got the quantities available listed in the corner.

Personally, I can only find about 4 listed DVDs I'm interesting in buying, even at these prices: Blue Seed Beyond, and the 3 for This Ugly and Beautiful World. While I'm sure there's more in there I'd like if I was familiar with the series, there's just too much stuff I know nothing about, and I'm running out of room to store single-watch DVDs- even after moving it to a thincase.
Eric
hikikomori
Denver, CO
Post #: 101
It's too bad it's only from a certain selection. The ones they have had in the past they let you go ape on everything minus box sets. I can't find anything on that list I don't already have, or seriously don't want :P
A former member
Post #: 63
Well-I blew 100 bucks on it last night-it only took me 45 minutes to order-their site was too busy (gee, I wonder why?).
A former member
Post #: 473
It's too bad it's only from a certain selection. The ones they have had in the past they let you go ape on everything minus box sets. I can't find anything on that list I don't already have, or seriously don't want :P

Looks like they're getting rid of singles that have had a thinpak come out recently or have one coming up. I suppose I could finish out a group by adding the Gravion series, but I don't really care about the transforming robot genre- especially those with annoying transformation scenes that have male tenors singing about "smiting evil and protecting the blue Earth with your mighty iron fists of justice".
John
jcfiala
Group Organizer
Denver, CO
Post #: 384
Hey Brad? I'm interested in the Mythical Detective Loki #s 2-7, which would be six disks - want to combine orders?
A former member
Post #: 475
Hey Brad? I'm interested in the Mythical Detective Loki #s 2-7, which would be six disks - want to combine orders?

Deal. My KonoMini choice is solid but I might swap out the 4th if I can find something better, so gimme a little time to make my final choice. We'll take the details elsewhere.
A former member
Post #: 3
I finished the Madlax and Noir series, almost. I always pick up Art Boxes for my collections as well, Gravion Zwei & Yugo (finally), I'm a fanatic about keeping my collections in boxes! I thought I would try the UFO Ultra series as well, those that were not sold out anyway.

Thanks for the heads-up!
A former member
Post #: 482
A sale on Bandai stuff started today, and their website isn't bogged down yet. Granted, it's not $5 DVDs, but 30-40% off isn't too bad.

I picked up Planetes Complete for ~$30 and capped my purchases at that.
Eric
hikikomori
Denver, CO
Post #: 103
I ordered Lucky Star special ed. comes out in May.
A former member
Post #: 483
ADV sale. 33% off (select?) CDs and GNs, 40% off DVDs.