addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Denver Anime Meetup Group Message Board › Summer movie outings

Summer movie outings

A former member
Post #: 493
Even though our primary focus is on anime, that hasn't kept handfuls of us going out to certain geektastic movies when they show up in theaters- Hitchhiker's Guide and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory are two, as is the recent winter outing to Cloverfield.

Since this summer is going to be a wallet-drainer for many of us with the offerings of Speed Racer, The Dark Knight, Incredible Hulk, the 4th Indiana Jones movie, and Iron Man (to name but a few), do we want to use this thread/board to chivvy together people who are interested in seeing these? I'll be seeing them one way or another, but it's always nice to go in a group.
Sabrina
user 4893467
Osaka, JP
Post #: 1
I vote yes. Because it's always more fun to see movies with others, and Cloverfield was such a blast with you guys, I'd love to do it again with other movies!
John
jcfiala
Group Organizer
Denver, CO
Post #: 401
If nothing else, I think it's totally appropriate for us to have a Speed Racer outing. Other movies would be fun too.
Steve
Trollz
Denver, CO
Post #: 76
... Since this summer is going to be a wallet-drainer for many of us with the offerings of Speed Racer, The Dark Knight, Incredible Hulk, the 4th Indiana Jones movie, and Iron Man (to name but a few), do we want to use this thread/board to chivvy together people who are interested in seeing these? I'll be seeing them one way or another, but it's always nice to go in a group.

Get Smart looked good too! I'm interested in Speed Racer, Indiana Jones, and Iron Man. Of course with gas prices rocketing ... perhaps car pooling can be arranged with people willing to drive posting and others contacting them off-board.

Laters,
- Steve
A former member
Post #: 35
Dark Knight.

*can do nothing more than flail helplessly*
John
jcfiala
Group Organizer
Denver, CO
Post #: 402
I'm tempted to return next week for Buckaroo Banzai - it'd be neat to see that on the big screen for a change...
A former member
Post #: 495
^ I vaguely remember not being able to sit through that a decade or so ago when it was on some premium channel, or I'd borrowed somebody's VHS tape.
A former member
Post #: 496
Re: the OP, I'll admit that I've completely failed to pay attention to when any of the movies open, as I rely mainly on spotting forum chatter elsewhere.

Does anyone have dates for when these movies hit Denver, if there are any among us who absolutely have to do an opening night slot? I'd rather be proactive about this if there are preferences.
A former member
Post #: 1
There is a live action Death Note showing May 20-21st playing. I'm not sure where, other than the UA near the Colorado Mills mall and Bel-Mar, but people probably would be interested in that.
Sabrina
user 4893467
Osaka, JP
Post #: 2
Let's see...Iron Man opens....um...Friday...okay, that one might be out, then. I know they're showing it at the theater on I-25 and Colorado, though, since it's GLARING THROUGH MY WINDOW.

Speed Racer opens the night of the next meet-up.

The new Indy flick opens May 22.

The Incredible Hulk opens June 13.

Dark Knight is July 18th.

Anything else we're interested in?