addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Denver Anime Meetup Group Message Board › weekday meet up?

weekday meet up?

A former member
Post #: 41
Being jobless and LOVING the idea of meeting somewhere other than Perkins, I am all over this idea. Hear, hear!
A former member
Post #: 563
I hadn't forgotten about this, I just procrastinated until I realized you probably want more than a few days notice for the event. Scheduled, as you know if you've gotten the email. I doubt I'll change this particular event's info, but let me know if this time/day/place doesn't work for the majority of those who want the event.

Additionally, let me know if you'd prefer just dinner, just anime, or both.
A former member
Post #: 3
I think I responded before that I'm in favor of the midweek meet-up, but I work Monday and Wednesday nights, and this venue is a little far for me (maybe not for everyone else, though). Maybe the midweek one should be at a rotating venue and night, so different people have a chance to come every time. If that makes sense. (c: I would also like to watch anime with the group sometime, once ya'll know me a little better, rather than just have dinner.
A former member
Post #: 124
Whereabouts are you, Krista?

Brad, weren't you trying to get everyone's locations onto a map at one time? Can that idea be resurrected?
A former member
Post #: 564
Brad, weren't you trying to get everyone's locations onto a map at one time? Can that idea be resurrected?

Yes to the first question- see the parenthetical comment on my 3rd post in this thread- and I finally deleted the map from our Files section because it was pretty outdated w.r.t. who I remember provided data (personal info was kept just long enough to put a dot on the map) and who was still in the group. I don't have a problem with trying it again, maybe this time with one of those dynamic free maps where you can put your own pushpin into an online map instead of me manually putting little colored dots on a BMP file. I can't remember the name of the app I saw a link to on a message board a few years back, but it'd probably be perfect. The Collaborate function of My Maps in Google Maps might work, but I've never used it before and it looks like you have to be specifically invited to be able to Edit, and/or have a Google account.

and this venue is a little far for me (maybe not for everyone else, though). Maybe the midweek one should be at a rotating venue and night, so different people have a chance to come every time. If that makes sense. (c: I would also like to watch anime with the group sometime, once ya'll know me a little better, rather than just have dinner.

If enough interest is there this time we can try to make it work, maybe even conscript a new A.O. or two for making events in their particular location. All the current Organizers are basically in the West and southwest part of the city, more or less living west of 25 and south of 6th, and all of us getting progressively further from downtown. I know Xombie's pretty far to the North, and there have to be more members that are in the Arvada/Westminster area.
A former member
Post #: 4
Hi, Monki! I live over by Cheesman Park, in Denver. I guess it's considered Capitol Hill?
A former member
Post #: 125
If enough interest is there this time we can try to make it work, maybe even conscript a new A.O. or two for making events in their particular location.

If you start to think seriously about this, I'd like to volunteer my services. I live right by the interstate, too, so even if the meets need to be in another area it wouldn't be too inconceivable for me to get there.
A former member
Post #: 567
If enough interest is there this time we can try to make it work, maybe even conscript a new A.O. or two for making events in their particular location.

If you start to think seriously about this, I'd like to volunteer my services. I live right by the interstate, too, so even if the meets need to be in another area it wouldn't be too inconceivable for me to get there.

John's the only one who can add them, so we'd eventually have to give him a good talking to. Depending on the feedback (and I forgot to mention the map at last Friday's dinner, dammit) I'm thinking we'd need someone in the East, and one for the North if Al were to handle the West.
Al S.
Zarabadoo
Lynn, MA
Post #: 362
I can definitely handle the west.
A former member
Post #: 126
Sorry I didn't wind up going after all. cX didn't get off work until about 8, and when my new computer parts came in it was suddenly far, far more important to have my own working computer. Unfortunately that didn't work out very well, either ;_;

How did it go? Was there a good turn out otherwise?