addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Denver Anime Meetup Group Message Board › Anime Podcasts?

Anime Podcasts?

John
jcfiala
Group Organizer
Denver, CO
Post #: 478
Hey folks.

So, I've been getting into podcasts lately - they're interesting to listen to on my long commute up to Boulder each morning and back. It seems that there should be a good podcast for anime out there, and there certainly seems to be a lot of them. Does anyone listen to any that they'd like to recommend?
A former member
Post #: 561
While I don't listen to them, the retailers Rightstuf.com and Animenation.com both offer them.
A former member
Post #: 2
I listen to Anime Pulse; it's pretty much the only anime review podcast I've stuck with for a long time. The guys that do it give news relating to anime and Japanese culture and then do anime reviews about every week or so. They're pretty entertaining and stick fairly well to their topic, and their reviews are pretty in-depth (they also contain spoilers a lot of the time). They sometimes review anime that is not licensed in the US. One of them is actually living in Japan right now, so he always has a lot of interesting stuff to share, as well. If you subscribe to that through iTunes, you'll also get Manga Pulse, I believe, which I always delete, because I can't stand one of the guys who does the show. Their humor strikes more as more crude and judgmental, and sometimes the way they talk about women and things like yaoi bugs me, but that's just my opinion; I'm sure some people think they are funny. (c:
A former member
Post #: 9
I used to watch Track-Shun Anime which is an anime review and news Podcast of series currently out in Japan. The host did a little introduction at the beginning saying he lived in Japan for a duration while he was in the Navy but now hosts the show from his house in the Appalachians.