addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Denver Anime Meetup Group Message Board › Monthly Meetup dinner locations

Monthly Meetup dinner locations

A former member
Post #: 575
Just a note to remind everybody of what it says on the About tab on the side there:

Where we dine isn't set in stone. If you know a good restaurant that can seat the average attendance figure with no problem, and isn't too far for most of the members to get to, go ahead and suggest it. Please start such discussion topics at least 2 weeks before the Meetup so that a consensus can be reached and venue change notices can be sent out.

Those of you who've been with us long enough probably remember that we tried a few Asian places around the Perkins area: Kokoro Bowl, Jaya Asian Grill, and Blue something-or-other. The food was good, but we were straining their available room (not maximum capacity, but they couldn't really seat all of us in addition to their other customers) when there were only 10 of us or so. Any new place we try (and I've got my eye on the Pei Wei that's opening up across the street from Perkins) must be able to seat anywhere between 25 and 35 people, if we maintain current attendance.

I'm willing to take suggestions and look at them in advance, but since I live, work, and dine in the southern part of the city I don't really know what's available in other areas, so this is up to the rest of you.
Sabrina
user 4893467
Osaka, JP
Post #: 60
From what it looks like, the Pei Wei is going to be pretty tiny in terms of actual seating space, sadly. Though of course it's still going up, so maybe we'll get lucky!

I might have found a possible alternative nearby, but I don't know if they do "reservations" of any kind. I'm stopping by tomorrow, though, so I'll let people know?
A former member
Post #: 578
There was a suggestion we should try the Gunther Toody's at Alameda and Leetsdale (1 block E of Colorado and Alameda). I've been to the one on Arapahoe and think it's got decent food, if the atmosphere is a little too overbearing with the 50's kitsch, but since I haven't been to the one in question I'll have to do recon to see if it's large enough for all of us to be in one section. Probably ask about their Friday night crowds as well.

Kinda wish there were more replies to this in 3 weeks, 'cause I can take silence to mean that everybody loves Perkins.
A former member
Post #: 1
New meeting places are good! (Only been to Perkins once. and did not like it) I kinda hope we can get some meet up down by me. (Littleton)
A former member
Post #: 70
I liked it at Village Inn. There is one at Colorado Blvd. just north of I-25. Has anyone checked it out?
A former member
Post #: 580
I liked it at Village Inn. There is one at Colorado Blvd. just north of I-25. Has anyone checked it out?
I haven't been there myself, but somebody mentioned a while back that they didn't have an alcove like we had at the one farther north.
Eric
hikikomori
Denver, CO
Post #: 132
Yes, we need our own area to geek out. We are the group that causes mothers to cover their kids eyes, and say "don't stare!" kidding!
Sabrina
user 4893467
Osaka, JP
Post #: 62
Yeah, the VI by Best Buy has even less "group" space than the Perkins does.

I personally would not be able to make any meets at Gunther Toody's just because the last FOUR times I tried eating there I ended up with food poisoning...so I think they want to kill me. But, you know, just one person here.

These are kind of odd suggestions, but the Beau Jo's pizza on Colorado and Yale (-ish) has some nice little alcove areas with lots of space...or if we move a little bit further east, Woody's on Evans I KNOW has a reservation-only section for private get-togethers, since that's where we always have our NaNoWriMo kickoff and TGIO parties. So maybe those might be a possibility?
Eric
hikikomori
Denver, CO
Post #: 133
Oooh, Beau Jo's good suggestion. I have a friend from texas that comes to colorado once a year just to eat there lol.
A former member
Post #: 4
Beau Jo's Is good, But every time I go there I feel like I should do "The challenge" But still a cool place