addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Denver Anime Meetup Group Message Board › Summer movie meetups?

Summer movie meetups?

A former member
Post #: 588
Star Trek. X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Terminator Salvation. Transformers 2. More..

They're not anime, but I'm sure a lot of us are going to see quite a few, if not all, of these. What's the opinion on making group events out of them? We've done it before with stuff like Hitchhiker's Guide, Cloverfield, and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and probably even more I'm forgetting.

I don't really care if I'm in the theater on Day 1, so these events might be after the early birds here have already seen them once. Or twice.
A former member
Post #: 8
Sounds good to me. Think we can keep at Pavilions?Easy to get to from anywhere thanks to the light rail.
A former member
Post #: 12
I'd like that too! Especially if we do continue to meet at the Pavilions.
Eric
hikikomori
Denver, CO
Post #: 138
Unfortunately I work on Saturdays, and I can't stay up late after the initial Meetup. Most people like to watch movies in the evenings, I mostly watch them first thing in the morning to avoid lines and crowds.
A former member
Post #: 590
Unfortunately I work on Saturdays, and I can't stay up late after the initial Meetup. Most people like to watch movies in the evenings, I mostly watch them first thing in the morning to avoid lines and crowds.

These wouldn't necessarily be after the Meetup dinner because that gives us more showtimes to pick from, and means we're not in a hurry to get everyone fed and into the theater or waiting for an hour after dinner's done.
A former member
Post #: 591
Dangit, the only place online I can find movie times for Star Trek at the Pavilions only has about 3 days' worth listed. Hopefully that's just because it's a new release and they plan to cut back on the showings after a while. Want to make it sometime during the last week of the month, to give people plenty of notice..
A former member
Post #: 9
I have heard nothing good about the new Star Trek movie. (a lot bad though) just thought every one would want to know.
Eric
hikikomori
Denver, CO
Post #: 140
I saw it twice already, and it's sweet! I was quite the rabid star trek fan pre anime. This truely is star trek reinvented into Jock Trek instead of Drama Trek. Quite honestly after 43 years, 5 tv series, 10 movies, I can think of nother better than reinvention. The only negatives I've been hearing are from super ultra hardcore mega trekkies that believe the very concept of the movie's story makes them extremely angry. To them I say: There are 5 tv series, and 10 movies worth of the show you like that you can watch whenever you what!