addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Denver Anime Meetup Group Message Board › Ghost in the Shell 2 movie Meetup

Ghost in the Shell 2 movie Meetup

A former member
Post #: 7
OK, I created an event for seeing GiTS 2. As the description says, I'll update the time when the theater posts it.

I've never been there before, so I don't know the best place to link up- I'm assuming the lobby will do. I might not be the first person there, but to ID myself I'll be wearing an off-white T-shirt that says "Animeinfo.org" on the front, and "Bradster 87" on the back- it's the only anime-related apparel I have.
Al S.
Zarabadoo
Lynn, MA
Post #: 19
I have no idea what I will be wearing. but you can look for the guy that looks like my picture profile.
A former member
Post #: 8
I guess my camera's good for something after all...

EDIT: The movie times have been updated. I think it might be a good idea to get our tickets online, so we're not left in the lurch if half of NDK decides to attend.
Al S.
Zarabadoo
Lynn, MA
Post #: 22
there was talk about it on the mailing list, but it was about a half and half split. some where all up for it, but others were too determined to spend everywaking hour at the hotel. the way i see it, no that much happens on a friday.
Al S.
Zarabadoo
Lynn, MA
Post #: 23
looks like you are starting to get a pretty good turnout. i think this will be a good icebreaker for the meetupees.
A former member
Post #: 11
looks like you are starting to get a pretty good turnout. i think this will be a good icebreaker for the meetupees.

You're bringing them all... tongue
Al S.
Zarabadoo
Lynn, MA
Post #: 26
currently, true; but at least there are 2 more people in response. a maybe and a no, but it is better than the last try at a meeting.
A former member
Post #: 22
What did everyone think of the movie?

Dave
Al S.
Zarabadoo
Lynn, MA
Post #: 30
i thought it was great. definitely worth every penny. i was really amazed at how well all the 3d and 2d mixed together.

it does have a lot of similarity to the original if anyone was concerneda about that. the pacing is about the same and the music is very, very similar. even the the really deep philisophical banter is still there.

there is a bit of buddy cop in there between the main two characters though. it is ever slight though and works well.
A former member
Post #: 14
I have to admit I wasn't all that impressed beyond the lush visuals and music. Too much philosophizing (which GiTS 1 already did better) in lieu of a plot, but that's Oshii for you.

Here's a BitTorrent URL if you're into that kind of thing and won't be able to hit the theater:
http://thehawks.org/h...­