addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Denver Anime Meetup Group Message Board › Watching anime

Watching anime

A former member
Post #: 17
I'll admit my default viewing mode is in favor of the dub, especially if the subtitles have a hard-to-read font or poor contrast. I'm not hard-core for either mode, so I'm not afraid of switching between the two if I find I like one better.
A former member
Post #: 1
I like to watch anime-duh! But the problem for communal viewing is for some reason most people like to watch it on weekdays, not Saturday or Sunday. Why? Weekends are usually best for most people, myself included. Ditto for your monthly "meeting". And a problem is I do most of my viewing solo. Anime collection to vast to list.confused confused tongue
A former member
Post #: 1
I have inuyasha episodes 1-155 the first and the second movie and the third movie should be on its way to me in the mail anytime now, and i would be happy to toss that up for watching.
A former member
Post #: 3
I personnely prefer dub to sub unless I have no choice in the matter (fansubs or hk anime dvds which comprise the vast majority of my collection). I have a very good viewing system but no place for any more than 1 or 2 people. I'd love to act as a material library at someone else though. Does anyone acquire their anime from Animeniacs? Very good source for cheap anime, used to buy all my stuff there until I discovered downloading. I do a lot of anime reviews on various sites and posting on a lot more.
A former member
Post #: 37
Does anyone acquire their anime from Animeniacs?

I do not support bootlegs. Those are pirated copies of legitmate DVDs. HK doesn't have a legal anime distribution system. I download/trade for fansubs before a US release, then buy American as the money allows.

Sorry, but I worked with many of the anime companies as they were getting started. Why do you think American anime is so expensive? Illegal copies, not greed.

Just my two cents.

DB
John
jcfiala
Group Organizer
Denver, CO
Post #: 2
Hey.

My wife and I have a house with a fairly large living room and TV - we could host a number of people fairly well. Additionally, we've got a nicely sized collection of anime and the like.

John
A former member
Post #: 4
Does anyone acquire their anime from Animeniacs?

I do not support bootlegs. Those are pirated copies of legitmate DVDs. HK doesn't have a legal anime distribution system. I download/trade for fansubs before a US release, then buy American as the money allows.

Sorry, but I worked with many of the anime companies as they were getting started. Why do you think American anime is so expensive? Illegal copies, not greed.

Just my two cents.

DB
I try not to get into unfriendly discussions about where one gets one's anime from. I figure that you get it where you get it, and it's no one's business but your own. Animeniacs does have a very large selection of R1 anime dvds. Nuff' said.
Al S.
Zarabadoo
Lynn, MA
Post #: 38
Hey.

My wife and I have a house with a fairly large living room and TV - we could host a number of people fairly well. Additionally, we've got a nicely sized collection of anime and the like.

John

i am willing at some point if you are. may want to wait until an actuall meetup to happen to see if you would want to actually let us freaks into your home. hehe.

i was fully planning on attending this next one, but it looks like i have been drafted to attend some PBS show to ask political questions of some sort. having trouble thinking of questions that have not been asked to death.
A former member
Post #: 41
having trouble thinking of questions that have not been asked to death.
<In his best midwestern accent)
If Ditka ran for president on the NFL Party, who'd win? Bush, Kerry or Ditka?
I'm gonna go for Ditka, myself!