- Video Quality Night! Speakers from SSIMWave and Comcast
Sr. Video Engineers Ahmed Badr and Duke Duong from SSIMWAVE are joined by Kevin Pikus Principle Video Engineer from Comcast will be speaking on Video Quality tools, implementation, and standards. As always free pizza and beer!
- Cloud Native Video Segmentation, and Demuxed review
Topics and speakers for this meetup will be... Guy Grigsby - Engineer at Comcast Viper: Cloud Native Video Segmentation. Also a readout of this years Demuxed.
- Bitmovin will be speaking about the AV1 codec. Also a recap of IBC!
Richard Fliam - Solution Architect at Bitmovin will be speaking: AV1 1.0 has arrived, and it is gaining broad support now. In this talk we look into the quality gained from the now 1.0 AV1 codec, the tools and browser support, and finally some demos of AV1 playback in MPEG-DASH. In addition to Bitmovin we will discus this years IBC. Come for the nerd stay for the free beer and food! PLUS!!!!! Enjoy some IBC Root Beer in honor of IBC.
- Advanced Job Scheduling for transcoding, plus lets talk Interactive Video
Come join us at the next Denver Video Technology meetup this week. We will hear from Steven Stone from VideoMGR (https://www.vidmgr.com) about interactive video. In addition we will hear about advanced job scheduling for transcoding, using tools like 'Nomad'. Come for the free food+beer and stay for the engineering. Or the other way around.
- Streamroot.io, Paris Video Technology group will talk HTML5, Data Driven Video
The next meetup will feature speakers from streamroot.io and the Paris Video Technology group. There will be free pizza and beer, also we will have a quick review of cool technology from NAB.
- Kick off! With Matt McClure and Steve Robertson (Demuxed, SF Video Technology)
Matt McClure from Demuxed will be will be helping us kick this off. Steve Robertson who also spoke at Demuxed will be our featured speaker. His talk is tentatively titled: "Explaining HDR by way of all the bugs we've found in prod" Looking forward to seeing everyone there.